Just in a car accident

iVillage Member
Just in a car accident
Tue, 03-09-2010 - 11:12am
I think the little tough guy is ok. Accident wasn't too bad. I tboned this Crossover that made a turn right in front of me. Didn't mess up my little Honda, but his car was undrivable. Totally his fault. It just scared the heck out of me. Just got done at the ob and she said the heartbeat is good and physically I feel ok. My blood pressure was even ok! Yay! Huge relief. She said there's no way of knowing for sure that everything is ok, but usually the baby will let you know if he's not ok. Whew! Anyone else ever been through this? I'm relieved but still a little worried. You know me!!!! I'm going home to relax now.

Pages

iVillage Member
Tue, 03-09-2010 - 2:10pm

Almost the exact same thing happened to me while I was pg with DS trevor.

Photobucket

&nbs

iVillage Member
Tue, 03-09-2010 - 3:55pm
Thank you so much for sharing that. When did you start having contractions? I was napping earlier and kept waking up....not sure if it was cramps or what. It's gone now.

iVillage Member
Tue, 03-09-2010 - 4:08pm

During my last pregnancy I was rear-ended when I was about 18 weeks along. It was really scary and I was a little shook up but there was minor damage to our vehicles. I called my obs office to let them know what happened, but we didnt feel that there was a need for an extra-check up.

Anyways, Im so sorry about the accident, and Im glad you and your tough little guy are both doing ok right now! oh, how I hate stupid drivers...>!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 03-09-2010 - 4:13pm

I'm glad you and your little man are ok.
Keep your feet up and try to relax as much as possible

(((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))

Photobucket
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 03-09-2010 - 4:28pm
Thanks so very much ladies! Aagh I just made the mistake of looking up info online and most of the women in car accidents had ultaspunds to make sure the placenta didn't separate from the baby. My ob didn't do that. Some of the women said they didn't have any bleeding or anything after the accident and the placenta still separated and they found out days later. Ugh! Why did I read that!! I will call the ob tomorrow to see if they can do an ultrasound, but I am trying not to worry. But it's hard :(

iVillage Member
Tue, 03-09-2010 - 4:53pm

So sorry that you had to go through that.

WeeMee Profile Image

iVillage Member
Tue, 03-09-2010 - 9:49pm

Hi,

I'm sorry you read some info that is scaring you, and hope you can get in for an ultrasound soon to put your mind at ease. I've been told that the baby is VERY well insulated against impact. Also, in the 2nd & 3rd trimesters, you are physically protected from stress

Rest well,
Lisa

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-10-2010 - 1:47pm
My contractions didn't start till the next day.
Photobucket

&nbs

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-10-2010 - 5:24pm

WOW Lisa Thank You! That's very reasuring. Do you remember where you read that? I could use some more of that positive and correct information! I'm going in for an ultrasound tomorrow. I feel a lot better today (nerves wise) but I'll feel even better tomorrow.

Thanks again Lisa and everyone else!
Huge hugs!!!!

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-10-2010 - 8:10pm

that must have been so scary!

Photobucket

Pages