Ultrasound today!

iVillage Member
Ultrasound today!
Thu, 03-25-2010 - 11:17am
I had my 20 week anatomy scan today! Everything looks great! :) We are still team green! My husband tried to peak when the tech was checking the nether regions but the baby kept its legs together so he couldn't! :) They changed my due date back to my original date AGAIN and so now I am due (again) August 9. I am pretty excited because that's 8/9/10 :) so cute!

iVillage Member
Thu, 03-25-2010 - 4:46pm
YAY!!! I'm so very glad to hear about your u/s.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Thu, 03-25-2010 - 5:46pm
Congrats!
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 03-25-2010 - 10:01pm

Glad to hear everything looked great! And good for your modest little baby keeping your husband on team green!

~Michelle

iVillage Member
Fri, 03-26-2010 - 12:32pm
Oh that's a great due date! Yay for a healthy baby!

iVillage Member
Fri, 03-26-2010 - 10:03pm

Heather, HOORAY for a good ultrasound!
We have always opted out of learning our baby's gender. Glad to hear that Im not the only one who stays on the "green team"... although I will admit, with my last pregnancy I did try to sneak a peek!

PS what was your due date before? Did they change it because of size measurements, or what? Those dates/measurements can be really subjective, and vary from week to week...

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sun, 03-28-2010 - 12:24am

By LMP it was originally 8/9/10. Then I went into the emergency ob clinic because I was having awful headaches and dizziness at about 6 weeks (the time I lost my first baby) and I wanted to make sure all was well. They did an ultrasound and made me come back for a follow up the next week, and they measured the baby smaller than my LMP put it, but healthy and growing! So they changed my DD to 8/15. We moved to South Carolina from Hawaii though and I am at a new clinic and they told me, even based on the ultrasound measurements, they never should have changed my due date! LOL. At my 20 week appointment (19 week by Aug 15 DD) baby was measuring 20 weeks, so they decided to revert back.... I can't complain! I love the 8/9/10 due date and it means if baby doesn't come out naturally I will be induced sooner too!

I am so excited to keep the gender a surprise. I will admit it makes it much harder because I want a closet full of clothes and my husband wants to buy gender specific items. We compromised and picked out everything we want if its a boy and everything we want if its a girl. He will run out and buy appropriate bedding, car seat, and stroller while I am in the hospital after delivery. I don't like the last minute purchasing, but it is our compromise. He has to wait to find out, so I guess I can wait to buy! LOL. We will have lots of family here too, so they can help him pick up the last minute gender specific essentials. Luckily we will have the crib, changing table, and other stuff because that doesn't require any gender knowledge!

We did pick out our "trip home" outfits today though! :) We bought an outfit for a boy and one for a girl. The cashier asked if I was having both.. lol NO (and thank goodness!). Just buying it now and will return the one we don't need later! It was kind of our first official purchase - FINALLY! :) He also picked out a few safety items, which I know we will not need till the baby is moving around but I thought it was cute he wanted to be prepared! :)