Baby Shower...

iVillage Member
Baby Shower...
Fri, 04-02-2010 - 1:05pm

I have been watching 16 and Pregnant all afternoon ( I know, its annoying sometimes but I am so addicted! lol) And the girls all have such fun baby showers! So many people come and it looks like such a good time.... which just makes me think about how I can't have one! :( My husband is in the Navy and we just moved to SC. I lived in Hawaii for the last 14 years and that is where all of my friends, and my immediate family is! If we lived in Hawaii I know I would have a fun shower because there are people there who I have known since I was little. I don't know anyone here! :( It just makes me sad... :( I don't even care about the gifts, I just want the experience of a fun baby shower! :( I have joked about having an "its here!" shower when my family comes for the birth of the baby, but it looks like my joke will have to be the truth...

I guess I just needed somewhere to complain about it... lol Anyone else not getting to have a shower? lol... we all know misery loves company! :)

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-02-2010 - 4:00pm

Sorry, Heather.

Pregnancy%20ticker
iVillage Member
Sun, 04-04-2010 - 9:51am
Oh Sweetie... I"m so very sorry to hear about the you not having a baby shower.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Tue, 04-06-2010 - 9:20pm

For my sister in law, whose family was living on the east coast or korea, and who had just moved to the west coast before she became pregnant, we did a mail-in shower... my mom mailed invitations to everyone with a date that the gifts had to be there by and then my brother corralled them as they came in and gave them to her to open that day.

Also, my shower was scheduled really late, and Tira came early, and I wound up bringing her to the shower! It was actually really fun, and everyone had a great time holding her while I opened all the gifts and ate. It also gave everyone a chance to ask me about the birth story, lol! So having an "it's here" party might be a really good time!

HTH...

~Michelle