Appt. update

iVillage Member
Appt. update
Wed, 05-12-2010 - 11:19am

I just had my 1st 2T appointment at 13 weeks 2 days. Everything went well, they found the baby's HB with a doppler, and the growth check was OK. I wasn't as nervous for this appointment as for the previous ones, but it was still in the back of my mind...what if they don't find the heartbeat...and then it took a while since I apparently have a lot of gas (sorry TMI) and the LO seemed to move every time she found the heartbeat. She estimated it to be about 150BPM.

The one thing she did mention is that I haven't gained any weight. She didn't make a huge deal out of it, but I was wondering if that's normal at this stage? I had m/s pretty bad for about 5 weeks, so I didn't gain anything then. By 12 weeks, I felt a lot better, but a few days ago I came down with a cold and I don't feel like eating so much anymore. I'm not overweight and I do exercise pretty regularly, although not the last few days due to my cold. Any thoughts?

pregnancy week by week

Melissa - 38

DH - 38

DD - Almost 2!

iVillage Member
In reply to: pinkboxer
Wed, 05-12-2010 - 4:44pm

Melissa - So glad the appintment went well and I am super jealous that you haven't gained any weight.

iVillage Member
Wed, 05-12-2010 - 8:12pm

Hi Melissa,

Once again, I'm jealous! OK, first of all - congrats on another good appt! I love the way that you sound so much more relaxed each time you post...all is well, enjoy it :)

I'm jealous that you've had 3 appts now to my 1!!

- Tiffany

iVillage Member
Wed, 05-12-2010 - 10:23pm

Hey! So glad to be here with you in 2T!

iVillage Member
Thu, 05-13-2010 - 6:47pm

Woohoo, Jen...I hadn't thought of that...they didn't know my weight pre-preg...so it'll only be compared w/ last month.

- Tiffany

iVillage Member
Thu, 05-13-2010 - 8:49pm

Hi Melissa,

Sounds like you had a great appointment, those are always good.

I wouldn't worry about the weight, you'll gain some soon or you'll just be all baby and I love seeing all baby mommies (I won't ever be an all baby mommy). My first trimester with my 2nd DD, I lost 11 pounds because I could not eat anything due to the m/s. I had m/s well into the 2nd trimester, I think at about 5 months I was finally able to eat again and gained very little with that pg. At my 4 month appointment I asked if they were concerned and told me that if I went one more month of losing they'd need to get me on IV fluids...but miraculously I was able to maintain and by month 5 all was good.

Take care of yourself!

Jenn

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
iVillage Member
Thu, 05-13-2010 - 10:03pm

Thanks everyone! It's so good to hear from everyone and how different things can be, it makes me feel more "normal". Tiffany - I probably haven't been eating as much as normal, but not by choice. For about 5 weeks it was due to some serious m/s. Then I had 1 good week, where I ate well, but I also spent that week hoofing it around san francisco - so not much chance to gain there. Then this past week, I came down with a cold and I just haven't been all that hungry thanks to that. I don't think I'm overdoing my exercising, if anything I've cut it back a bit.

The baby's growth seems on target and it's doing fine, so I guess that's all that matters. I'm sure the weight will come...I'm hoping to be one those all-baby mommies like Jenn mentioned! :)

pregnancy week by week

Melissa - 38

DH - 38

DD - Almost 2!