22 weeks...and concerned...AAA!!!

iVillage Member
22 weeks...and concerned...AAA!!!
Fri, 05-14-2010 - 4:33pm
I am 22 weeks yesterday and had an appt w/ OB on Tuesday and he checked the heartbeat and she looks great! I am having some concerns because last night i wasn't sleeping well and husband is out of town and i think my mind was playing tricks on me. I thought i was hearing lots of noises and freaking out where i felt my heart was pounding out of my chest! I am worried today thinking that maybe that affected the baby..could it? I have not felt much movement today..usually i feel some flutters...Do i have any concerns??
iVillage Member
Fri, 05-14-2010 - 5:09pm

I can promise you, having your heart beating faster (or pounding) isnt going to harm the baby. Maybe she's just having a lazy morning. Infact they say doing sports (which would get your heart beating fast) is good for the baby as s/he gets a bit of a work out as well. The adrenaline(sp?) rush that you got last night won't harm the baby.

Try drinking some cold OJ and lie on your LEFT side for a bit and see if the flutters pick up. Rem at this stage she's still TINY and you may not always feel her kicks.

Do you maybe have a doppler? Maybe you could listen to the hb just to calm your nerves a bit

Photobucket
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 05-14-2010 - 8:53pm

I would not worry about your heart pounding hurting the baby... just think about how much your heart rate goes up when you are DTN, and that's ok'd for doing during pregnancy :)

~Michelle

iVillage Member
Fri, 05-14-2010 - 11:42pm
Nah, that would not have affected the baby. S/he is totally fine.
I have had my crazy hormone-induced PAL brain play looooooots of tricks on me, and I have been in plenty of high-stress situations while pregnant. It won't do any harm your baby, I promise :)

PhotobucketPhotobucket

iVillage Member
Sun, 05-16-2010 - 9:22pm
thank-you for being so kind and responding! Things have been fine the past two days i can feel her kicking...so..its all good! I was reassured when i felt that and read the replies to my post! That is why i LOVE this board!