A big scare today to welcome me to 2T

iVillage Member
A big scare today to welcome me to 2T
Sat, 05-15-2010 - 6:04pm

Well, today is officially my first day of my 13th week, and I started it off with spotting this morning. It has been a very long and awful day. I have probably the worst cold of my life (lost my voice over night, sore throat, exhausted, congested, etc.), my husband was away over night until this afternoon, and then the spotting. The dreaded spotting. I hadn't had any since 6 weeks and had thoroughly adjusted this week to the idea that I was pretty much in the clear.

My awesome friend who is a family doctor whipped me up to her practice an hour ago and got out the doppler. She instantly found the heartbeat (160) and lots of movement, and is scheduling me for an ultrasound on Monday. I'm O neg so she's also suggesting that I get WinRho (not sure what this is called in the U.S., but it's the protein blood product that negative blood type women with positive partners have to get during pregnancy, especially if they have any bleeding, so they don't become sensitized and reject the baby if it is positive). It really does pay to have good friends... especially ones who are doctors!

Relief. I know now that we are not in the clear, and that truly does suck, but I feel hugely relieved to know that today, we are still in the game. Today. I'm going to try and focus on today, each and every day. That's all I can do, right?

Hugs to any of you who are also having hard days, for whatever reason.

MamaMedbh

Pregnancy%20ticker
iVillage Member
Sat, 05-15-2010 - 9:36pm
Oh Sweetie... I'm so very sorry to hear about your scare.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Sun, 05-16-2010 - 11:05am
Mama! First - CONGRATULATIONS ON ENTERING THE 2T! However, I'm so sorry that you started spotting again, but thankful to hear that your friend was able to give you some comfort.

iVillage Member
Sun, 05-16-2010 - 6:58pm

Awww- SO sorry you had such an unpleasant welcome to the 2T.

- Tiffany

iVillage Member
Tue, 05-18-2010 - 12:22am

Hi MamaMedbh,

I'm so sorry you're having spotting again-- i know what that's like, having had it for two weeks during the 1st T. I had a scare with a lot of cramping right when I started the 2T, and now everything is great at 14 wks. The midwife said that as long as you don't have intense cramping and spotting together, its okay. It's nice that your friend is following up with you, but I hope you can try not to worry about it too much (I know, HA!). The midwife also said that m/c at 12-13 weeks would be very unlikely.

take care, and I'll look forward to your continued good news. lisa

iVillage Member
Tue, 05-18-2010 - 2:47pm

Thanks, all. We had a good ultrasound yesterday. Things stick ticking along and looking nice and healthy. No sign of what the spotting was about and it was a one-day occurrence. Could have been left over from the fluid pocket I had at 6 weeks, says the radiologist. Or maybe just cervical irritation of some kind. Anyway, I almost feel silly for the level of freak-out I had on Saturday. Sigh. PAL brain is something to be reckoned with...

MamaMedbh

Pregnancy%20ticker