Can't believe they didn't figure it out!

iVillage Member
Can't believe they didn't figure it out!
Thu, 05-20-2010 - 7:42am

So, I'm telling my boss this afternoon (eek!) and don't want her to hear it from others first -so I've told no one yet at work.

Yesterday

- Tiffany

iVillage Member

Niiice.

Amanda

Mom to Talia (3)

expecting #2 on 1/11/11

iVillage Member
LOL at "letting yourself go!"
Well I think its good that they havent figured it out at work yet. Now you can tell your boss without her hearing gossip about you beforehand. Then youll be clear to tell your friend w/7 kids :)

Photobucket

Photobucket

iVillage Member

Seriously, who in the h#ll tells a woman she's getting a lot of gray in her hair!? Anyway, that is funny!

On Tuesday night I was teaching Body Combat, and one of my students asked my friend if I'm pregnant. She kind of fumbled and stumbled through some kind of lie, then quickly changed the subject. My little belly is easy to hide at work, but not at the gym. I told DH yesterday, and we've decided that I'll announce at 11 weeks, since this little tic-tac is making itself known early!

Yikes!

Jen--

Pregnant after Valentine's Day loss

wedding ticker

Jen--

Pregnant after Valentine's Day loss

iVillage Member

HI Jen,

Yes, I imagine it would be VERY hard to hide while teaching :)

- Tiffany

iVillage Member

I'm sure lots of people at my work know already, but I've already told my boss, so that's okay I guess. You know how when men talk to you and they spend more time looking at your chest than your face? I've been getting the belly talk. People stare at my belly when they talk to me. I can just see the thoughts going through their heads "is she pregnant, or just getting fat in her uterus?". I'm feeling okay today so I'm going to go buy some loose shirts so it doesn't look so obvious.

But aren't people obtuse sometimes? I can't believe your friend with 7 kids hasn't figured it out. I had a definite belly the last time I was pregnant and then I was gone for ages after my m/c, and when I came back, a lady I work with told me that I looked good because I'd lost so much weight.