Wow, is this the start of 2T?

iVillage Member
Wow, is this the start of 2T?
Wed, 05-26-2010 - 3:52pm

Hi,
I am afraid to believe it..but extremely happy to join you in the 2T.
Today at the ultrasound check, the midwife said I am just over 12 weeks so officially in the 2T. We got very good results from the prenatal screen we asked for and got to see again the little one with his/her butterfly heart. It was such an incredible moment and I am glad I could hold my husband´s hand while waiting for results and looking at our child.
Wow, this is so amazing. I am happy to be able to share it with you.
I know that now we can tell our parents. I even scanned the ultrasound photo from today for my parents (they live abroad so they will get the news over the phone). But how did you manage to bring yourselves to tell them? I want to but then what if something goes wrong? Should I wait longer, perhaps I can tell them after the 18 weeks scan (they won´t see me till then so it is ok that it already shows)..I hope I can "digest" the information from today and feel calm and strong tomorrow.

Ah, I´m praying for us and all of you, for healthy, smooth full term pregnancies and healthy babies.

iVillage Member
Wed, 05-26-2010 - 4:16pm

Hi Vellia,

Congrats on the great appointment and welcome to the 2T! I told my parents very early on, as well as a couple of very close friends. The reason I told them so early was that I knew I would need their support if something bad did happen. You know your own parents best, so only you can make this decision. But if you feel they would be supportive should something bad happen, it might be in your best interest to tell them now. The longer they know about it, the more invested they get. :) I'm sure you will make the right decision for you and your family.

pregnancy week by week

Melissa - 38

DH - 38

DD - Almost 2!

iVillage Member
Thu, 05-27-2010 - 12:48pm

Thank you so much, Melissa, for the kind and supportive words.
I understand and I agree, my parents too would be there for me if something would happen. However, since they are so far away we somehow got into the habit of hiding the bad news for as long as possible. For example, they do not know about my miscarriage. The reason is that we tend to worry for each other much more if we know the other person is going through something bad and especially because we can not be close to really support this person. Perhaps it is a good thing, one spares them a lot of negative emotions. However, it is not a good thing for building trust. Ah, in any case. I think I will tell them. If something would go wrong at least they would know so I would be able to avoid uncomfortable questions of the sort "When are you planning to have children? Are you trying already?"
So many thanks for your response and warm greetings to you and your growing little one.

Hugs,
Vellia