16 weeks-Holy Moly :) Anyone else?

iVillage Member
16 weeks-Holy Moly :) Anyone else?
Thu, 05-27-2010 - 4:33pm

I'm so excited that I'm actually this far along and thank god, everything seems fine. I still get nervous with every appointment and twinge, but I think I'm calming down as the weeks pass.

I think I'm just starting to show. I am changing from pudgy looking to apparently preggo. Much better I think. No maternity clothes yet, just Belly band thingys since I cant button my pants most of the time!

How is everyone else looking at 16 weeks? Am I behind the curve????

~Adrianna

iVillage Member
Fri, 05-28-2010 - 3:36pm

Hi Adrianna,

I'm just a couple days away from being 16 weeks as well! I don't think you're behind the belly curve. Lots of women don't "pop out" until 15-20 weeks especially with a first baby. I haven't popped yet either - although it is starting to look like I've had a couple too many donuts, lol! Most of my pants still fit but a few of the closest-fitting ones now require an extender for me to wear them, especially the ones that hit and inch or two above my hips, which is where I seem to be pushing outward the most. Oh well it's good and hopefully means a growing baby, right?? I'm feeling similar to you, I'm relaxing a little more, but I still worry a lot too, especially at appointments.

pregnancy week by week

Melissa - 38

DH - 38

DD - Almost 2!

iVillage Member
Sat, 05-29-2010 - 8:38pm

Adrianna., Hi!

Im so glad that things are going well for you!

With my first healthy pregnancy, I didnt start showing until about 16 weeks, and even then I looked chunky, not pregnant. I didnt really need maternity clothes until 5-6 months along, so no, you arent behind the curve :) I think youre just about right.

Have you been about to schedule your big U/s yet?!

PhotobucketPhotobucket

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Sat, 05-29-2010 - 9:37pm

Thanks ladies! Although I can see a slight difference, the reassurance makes me feel better. My lower back has started hurting the last couple days so maybe my belly is on the way. :)

My big u/s is scheduled for June 14th but I think we are going to wait to find out the sex. Picking a paint color for the baby room is proving to be quite a challenge.

iVillage Member
Sat, 05-29-2010 - 10:11pm

Well, as for me, we havent been able to schedule the big US yet because I'll be out of town between weeks 18-21! So that makes things a little tricky. My next appt is June 16th, and hopefully we can get something nailed down for mid-July. We wont be finding out the sex either, although my DH would love to know, because he very much wants a BOY!

As for nursery ideas, I am partial to gender-neutral colors, because we are planning to have more than one child. So I really like the idea of being able to use things through the years, instead of changing all the clothes and toys and nursery decor for each new baby.

PhotobucketPhotobucket

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Wed, 06-02-2010 - 11:49am
I'm 16 weeks today! I finally caught up!
Lilypie First Birthday tickers