Hi, just saying hello...

iVillage Member
Hi, just saying hello...
Wed, 07-07-2010 - 2:25pm

Ok girls, Im back from our whirlwind vacation and ready to socialize again. Ive missed you all! Im now 20.5 weeks pregnant and really starting to show. Our relatives are already asking "how much longer?" and "Really? Are you sure that's the right due date?" or "Could there be two in there?" I know theyre mostly kidding, but it is sort of frustrating when you have to remind them over and over again.

Anyways, things are going pretty well for me. As of 17 weeks I had only gained about 6 lbs total. But dont worry, I'll be making up for it in the weeks and months to come! Pre-eclampsia is a concern for me, but so far my bp has been EXCELLENT, so now we're just hoping that it stays nice and low. And even though we're on the Green Team, the big ultrasound is tomorrow and we are looking forward to getting a good view of this new baby! 5yo DD is especially excited to "see" him or her on the u/s screen.

Reply below with something fun youve done in the past 2-3 weeks.

PhotobucketPhotobucket

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Wed, 07-07-2010 - 2:49pm

Welcome back, Nicole! And how exciting that you've got your ultrasound tomorrow! Even though you're staying team green, let us know how everything goes. I have to say, comments like the ones you're getting would REALLY annoy me. It would be hard for me to refrain from saying "so I'm pregnant. What's your excuse?" LOL.

Hmm, something fun. We bought some baby stuff - ordered crib furniture, then bought a car seat and a baby monitor (hey we had coupons!). Also, tried 2 new restaurants with my husband, which is always fun. He's a slightly picky eater so I have fun watching his face as he tries stuff LOL.

pregnancy week by week

Melissa - 38

DH - 38

DD - Almost 2!

iVillage Member
Wed, 07-07-2010 - 5:10pm
Ummm fun stuff... Ordered baby's crib and mattress put all her baby bedding on layaway..It's Disney Princess!!!!
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
iVillage Member
Wed, 07-07-2010 - 9:16pm
Tasha - that sounds like a perfect name for your new little girl! I love "Hayley Marie", its beautiful :) Im so glad that everything is going well for you! I KWIM about being busy chasing after another little one. My younger daughter is 18 months. Taking care of her means never standing still!

PhotobucketPhotobucket

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Wed, 07-07-2010 - 9:20pm

Melissa - YAY for baby shopping! That IS fun! We are going to have to re-do our kids bedrooms and figure out how to fit three of them into 2 rooms, so we'll be buying a bunk bed and some new girly-themed decorations for our 5 yo. I think she has officially out-grown Winnie the Pooh. I am looking at mural ideas, like painting a castle or a garden scene along one wall.

As for the comments from relatives, DH makes it easy to laugh it off. He tells everyone that he is gaining "sympathy weight" right along with me.

PhotobucketPhotobucket

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Thu, 07-08-2010 - 10:27am

Welcome back Nicole!

Hmmmmm, something fun: Well, last week, DH and I spent the week in Boston teaching/training/performing at a Lindy Hop Camp in Boston. We came home flat out exhausted, but it was a blast. We've been a part of this camp for 10 years now, and its always a blast.

FYI: Lindy Hop = Harlem Style 1940's swing dance

Even bigger deal for me personally: I flew home totally unmedicated. DH was very proud of me! I was proud of me too!

Jen--

Pregnant after Valentine's Day loss

wedding ticker

Photobucket
Photobucket
Jen--

Pregnant after Valentine's Day loss

iVillage Member
Thu, 07-08-2010 - 11:43am

Welcome back Nicole! Glad you had a great time! Go Team Green! How exciting to keep it a suprise! GL with your u/s cannot wait to hear the updates!

AFM I got to join this group of TTCAM a couple of weeks ago! I got pregnant first cycle on clomid and a trigger shot. Kinda exciting but also very scary! PAL brain is in overdrive of course but I have made a HUGE milestone! I have never made it past 5-6 weeks and I am now 6.5 weeks and saw the HB a couple of days ago on an u.s at the

Lilypie Kids birthday TickerDaisypath Next Aniversary Ticker
iVillage Member
Thu, 07-08-2010 - 1:14pm
Im so glad that you are hear, and doing well! Making it past your miscarriage date is a huge milestone. SO is seeing the heartbeat. Im so glad you have a healthy little baby in there! :)

Photobucket

PhotobucketPhotobucket

Photobucket