Good appt...and a birthday! Xposted

iVillage Member
Good appt...and a birthday! Xposted
Wed, 07-14-2010 - 6:11pm

So I had my 14 week appt today and all went well. Dr. found both heartbeats right away with the doppler without even trying (usually Brussel Sprout plays hard to get with me!).

We talked about my seeing a high risk OB if I wanted to, but I'm going to stick with them and only go to the high risk if things go south. I'd like to keep this all as simple as possible. But the big news is that we have a birthday scheduled on the books! Looks like these two will be here on 12/20/10 unless they decide to come on their own sooner! She promised to have us home in time for Christmas ;)

Only bad part of the visit is that I've only gained a pound. She said if I don't gain more weight by my next appt. she's sending me to a nutritionist. I'm trying, it's just not happening!

Photobucket

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Photobucket

Pages

iVillage Member
Wed, 07-14-2010 - 8:20pm
Congrats on a great appointment Kara and on a perfect birthday for those two sweethearts!

iVillage Member
Wed, 07-14-2010 - 9:28pm

Oh, we WILL find out what they are. Doctor seems to think we'll be able to find out on our appointment Aug. 3, so just 3 more weeks!!! yay!!

yea, i'm definitely eating much more now. I'm back on protein which is good, and cheese, etc. problem is, I can't eat anything with sugar in it, it makes me sick. So no ice cream, cake, milkshakes, etc. doctor told me to go get protein/weight gain shakes and such. blech. but i'll try it.

Photobucket

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 07-14-2010 - 10:48pm

That's exciting! It kind of makes us due date buddies (my EDD is 25/12). And my next u/s is around the same time as yours. I assume it will be an induction or c-section then?

Some of those protein shakes aren't too bad.... but stay away from the soy based ones, they are sooo gross!!

iVillage Member
Thu, 07-15-2010 - 12:37am
Hooray for a good appointment! Glad the veggies are doing well and that they'll be able to enjoy the holidays at home with you. Now eat up, girl!!!
Photobucket

Pregnancy Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

iVillage Member
Thu, 07-15-2010 - 9:05am
It sure does, we're close! It'll basically depend on how the babies are positioned. If they're in place and I can do it naturally, they'll cancel the section and induce, but if not, we wanted the section on the schedule. She said it gets really busy that time of year and it's easier and better if I'm just on the schedule to begin with rather than having to squeeze me in. I wholly agree and didn't want to be doing it on Christmas day (I feel like nobody wants to be working on Christmas day, so I'd rather not be in surgery if I can avoid it!)
Photobucket

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 07-15-2010 - 10:37am

Congrats Kara!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
iVillage Member
Thu, 07-15-2010 - 2:01pm
How interesting (yet good for you) that you can't tollerate sugar.

iVillage Member
Thu, 07-15-2010 - 3:19pm

I was reading on another website that Carnation Instant Breakfast was something another preggo lady like us was drinking to get some extra calories.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
iVillage Member
Thu, 07-15-2010 - 4:57pm

I wish I could drink milk, that would be good, but I haven't had a glass of milk since I was 12. Can't stand it. I don't even use cream in my tea, just a splash of skim. She did say cheese is good and I could eat blocks and blocks of cheese!

I've always had a slight problem with sugar, but never this bad. I can't take most cold medicines that have sugar in them because they give me a really bad rash and allergic reaction. But it's never been this bad with eating sugary foods before. Sometimes though, I just do it anyway. Yesterday I HAD to have those little twizzlers nubs or whatever they're called. They're amazing!

Photobucket

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 07-15-2010 - 4:59pm
I forgot about those! She basically said any of them will do, any of the instant shakes and things. And if all else fails, there are those weight gaining powders at GNC and those places. I'm trying to avoid those though! Trader Joe's has a "protein shake" although it's really chocolatey and I could barely stomach it weeks ago so I don't think now it will go down. There are some that are sugar free though.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Pages