22 week check up

iVillage Member
22 week check up
Fri, 07-16-2010 - 12:27am
All is ok, baby's heart is beating strong and although I had concerns about the shape of my belly it is measuring at exactly 22 centermeters, right on target.

Pages

iVillage Member
Fri, 07-16-2010 - 3:40pm

Jen,

So glad to hear your appointment went well! See, nothing to worry about with your belly. There's so many different shapes of pregnant bellies, especially at this midpoint stage, that I don't think that any sort of "normal" exists LOL. I'm so jealous that you get to see your boy in 2 weeks and again in 4! My next ultrasound will be at 36 weeks and that's just to see how big she is (as if they can tell - ha).

It's so odd how something that seemed to be moving sooooo slowly at first now seems to be moving so fast - almost too quickly right? I'm also starting to get those same jitters, and thoughts of labor and how fast they had better get me my epidural when I get to the hospital have set in LOL. I'm sure we'll both do great though, in labor and in mommyhood!

pregnancy week by week

Melissa - 38

DH - 38

DD - Almost 2!

iVillage Member
Fri, 07-16-2010 - 3:55pm
Wow, reading that last line gave me the jitters! But I'm a good 5 weeks behind you, so I guess I have a bit of time yet. I'm glad your little guy's heart beat is so strong and you're growing right on track.
iVillage Member
Fri, 07-16-2010 - 7:55pm

Ha Melissa! You're NOT KIDDING about that epidural!!! I sit and watch those baby shows during the day and see these women who are adament about going natural, only to beg for the epidural after hours and hours of suffering.

iVillage Member
Fri, 07-16-2010 - 7:57pm
Thanks ang!

iVillage Member
Fri, 07-16-2010 - 9:39pm
I have seen really cute baby boy stuff at babyGap (more expensive I know, but they seem to have fairly regular 30% off sales & coupons). I didn't like their baby girl selection as much, just about EVERYTHING was pink. I am trying really hard not to make all of this little girl's stuff pink, but it's really hard especially with the clothes. Seems like almost all of the infant girl stuff is pink. I like pink but don't want to end up hating it after this! Anyways, I thought the baby boy stuff at babyGap was really cute, and they had clothes in orange, army green...not just blue. Another place I saw cute stuff for both genders was JCPenney, and their prices are really good. I saw Carter's stuff at Penney's for 30-40% less than the exact same stuff at Babies R Us. Hope this helps!

pregnancy week by week

Melissa - 38

DH - 38

DD - Almost 2!

iVillage Member
Fri, 07-16-2010 - 11:02pm

HOORAY for a nice, healthy, boring appt! Im so glad that everything is continuing to go well for you. I will also be doing my glucose test at my next appt, and getting some mid-pregnancy blood draws to check thyroid levels, iron and that sort of thing.

Have fun at your follow-up u/s, when you get to see your little one again on the big screen! I hope they get some cute pictures for you to take home as well! :)

Photobucket

PhotobucketPhotobucket

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 07-19-2010 - 11:09am
Jen - So glad that your appointment went well.

iVillage Member
Mon, 07-19-2010 - 12:21pm
Dear Jen,
Congratulations on a good appointment, nothing to worry about and the new mommy jitters. You are probably so happy to be able to see your little boy so often and hopeful that it will all be fine with the kidneys. I am with the others on envying you for the frequency of appointments, I will be only seeing my midwife and not get any other ultrasound if all goes well. But I envy you too for the feeling of time passing so fast :-( I wish you to keep up this feeling and enjoy the remaining time of a H&H pregnancy. I had an interesting conversation yesterday with a mommy of 3 beautiful girls and a colleague whose son is 2. Both advised me two things which I think are worth mentioning here -
1. Do not go now and start buying clothes and things like crazy - both of them said that they ended up not using most of the things they bought before the babies were born. The reasons - the baby was born too big for the clothes, the baby was never even interested in, the mom ones she saw the baby thought that none of the clothes fitted nicely, you receive a lot of gifts (clothes, toys, others that you end up with 2 of most, etc....So they said, get just /two pairs of clothes to get the little one home from the hospital and wait with all the rest until you see your child. It is so easy and fun to get things then.
2. Use the time to pamper yourself and importantly, your husband - they said that time goes fast and ones the baby is out or your belly gets very big you can hardly do all the things that gave you and your DH pleasure and relaxation. So instead of fussing around your baby now, postpone the fussing around him when he is born and fuss around your husband. He is most likely going to feel left out so give yourself and him a few months of "honeymoon" mood.
I think it was great to hear this and plan to control myself :-) Hope this would be useful to you too.
Congratulations again and wishes for a great time for the three of you,
Vellia
iVillage Member
Mon, 07-19-2010 - 1:10pm

Hi Vellia, thanks for your good wishes (same wishes go out to you)

iVillage Member
Mon, 07-19-2010 - 3:56pm

Congrats on a great check up Jen! Isn't it so reassuring to see our LO's? Don't let those new mommy jitters get to you! While it is normal to be nervous, you will be juuuuust fine!

Jen--

Pregnant after Valentine's Day loss

wedding ticker

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Jen--

Pregnant after Valentine's Day loss

Pages