2T- Finally made it!

iVillage Member
2T- Finally made it!
Mon, 07-19-2010 - 7:34pm

So I am officially 13 week! It feel good to get here, but can't wait to feel the baby kick. Unfortunately my worry has increased lately, not sure why. It wasn't until after the u/s that I started to worry more. I guess the u/s made it so real, that I am afraid of losing this baby now. I wish I had u/s equipement at home so that i could see my baby whenever I wanted-wouldn't that be nice. I think when I start to feel movement that will give me some assurance. When did everyone else start to feel baby move?

Molly

pregnancy calendar

iVillage Member
Tue, 07-20-2010 - 2:45pm
Welcome to the 2T Molly! Hopefully you're feeling good, as your risk is super-low now! Congrats on making this far, and wishes for a H&H remainder of the 9 months!
Jen--

Pregnant after Valentine's Day loss

wedding ticker

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Jen--

Pregnant after Valentine's Day loss

iVillage Member
Tue, 07-20-2010 - 3:07pm

Congrats Molly!!!

iVillage Member
Tue, 07-20-2010 - 3:31pm

Congrats on reaching this important milestone! It's a BIGGIE!

I started to feel flutters between 13 and 14 weeks, believe it or not, and was feeling little kicks by 15-16 weeks. I know that's early (it's my third baby) but when you know, you know. I'm now seeing movement from the outside (my older son thinks this is hilarious!) and it is all very real for me.

Hope you start to feel something soon, but don't worry if you don't. People are all different, and it can depend on a number of physiological things.

:-) MamaMedbh

Pregnancy%20ticker
iVillage Member
Tue, 07-20-2010 - 4:37pm
Congrats on entering the 2T! I know what you mean about being more worried. There's no reason for it, but it doesn't matter. I started feeling sporadic movement at about 14-15 weeks and clear little kicks after that, but it wasn't regular until about 16.5 weeks. It's wonderfully reassuring. Don't stress if you don't feel movement until later though, it's completely normal not to feel it until 20 weeks, and sometimes a bit later. Hopefully you'll hear the heartbeat on the doppler before then.
iVillage Member
Tue, 07-20-2010 - 4:44pm
Yeah! Congrats on making it to the 2T, Molly! I know what you mean about not being able to wait to feel it so that you don't have to worry that everything is okay all the time. You'll get there, don't worry!
Photobucket

Pregnancy Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

iVillage Member
Wed, 07-21-2010 - 9:25am
Congratulations, Molly! It does feel great to enter the second trimester but at the same time I am with you about worrying. It was so funny to read about your wish of having an ultrasound machine at home :-) I had the same desire since I got to know I am pregnant. I even made plans with a friend of mine who is a doctor and has worked at a maternal word to operate the ultrasound machine so that we can open the doors to other women who feel worried and just want to have a quick look at their little ones :-) Well, at least we can dream about this.
It is our first pregnancy that goes over the 6 weeks mark (I had a blighted ovum with my first (previous) pregnancy at 6 weeks) so I was not expecting to feel any movement before 20 weeks but it did happen - at 16 weeks only one or twice but since 17 weeks I felt tiny flutters nearly every day. Hope the time till the first movements goes fast for you and brings you only joy,
Vellia
iVillage Member
Wed, 07-21-2010 - 9:40am

Welcome, Molly!

- Tiffany

iVillage Member
Wed, 07-21-2010 - 10:46am

Hi Molly,

Congrats on reaching the 2T! I started feeling movement around 16 weeks, but at the time I wasn't sure if it was gas or movement, LOL. About 3 weeks later, the movements became strong enough to where I was sure of what I was feeling. This is my first one, so maybe next time I'll be more sure earlier on. Don't worry if you don't feel anything that early though, the range for first time moms is 18-26 weeks for feeling first movements, and there are a lot of factors that influence it such as placenta position, baby position, whether mom is overweight, etc.

Some of the ladies here found it helpful and reassuring to purchase their own Doppler to listen to the baby's HB at home. I never did because I knew I'd freak out if I couldn't find it and it would just make me more obsessive, but it works for some people! Might be something to think about.

pregnancy week by week

Melissa - 38

DH - 38

DD - Almost 2!