Registered over the weekend!!

iVillage Member
Registered over the weekend!!
Tue, 07-20-2010 - 3:27pm

So last weekend Dh and I finally registered.

iVillage Member
Tue, 07-20-2010 - 4:25pm
So much fun!! We also registered a week or so ago and I too never thought I'd get there, but here we are. We were lazy though and did all our registering online LOL. I did most of it but there was a monkey blanket that DH just HAD to have. I'm so glad we both get to experience this. :)

pregnancy week by week

Melissa - 38

DH - 38

DD - Almost 2!

iVillage Member
Tue, 07-20-2010 - 4:50pm
Oh what fun!!! Glad you and DH were able to do it together.

iVillage Member
Tue, 07-20-2010 - 5:50pm
Hey Jen, just wanted to pass on my little experience with the Pliko. I used it for a while for a baby I nannied for about 4 years ago and while it's a good stroller, I HATED it. I'm not all that tall (5'6") but I was constantly kicking the back of the stroller while I pushed it. Not so bad in sneakers, hurts like the devil in flip flops! Your DH looks tall, so I wanted to pass that on. Could have just been the way I walk, but it was a very memorable experience, so much so that I completely bypassed it when considering options for myself.
Photobucket

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 07-20-2010 - 8:00pm
Hey, thanks for the input Kara! DH (at 6' tall) wasn't with me when I went browsing strollers.

iVillage Member
Tue, 07-20-2010 - 9:11pm
well, depends on what you're looking for honestly. Before we found out we were having twins I was set on the UppaBaby Vista. Everything I've read said it sounded great for parenst of all sizes, and I wanted something that had a handle that could adjust depending on who was pushing it. It's basically a bugaboo, but slightly more affordable, and the frame in the back is curved up, so when you step, you aren't kicking the frame. I've had two friends get it in the last 6 months and they both LOVE it. Other than that, I'm in my own little terrible world of double strollers and I don't like it, I want back in your world!
Photobucket

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 07-20-2010 - 11:56pm

LOL! Awwee having twins is going to be a bundle of challenge I'm sure but the double of love and double of reward will be so worth it!

iVillage Member
Wed, 07-21-2010 - 8:39am
Oh no, don't get me wrong. Thrilled about the twins themselves. The stroller dilemma however? Not so much. I've basically narrowed it to 2 options, and trying to find them in person to actually try them out? Near impossible. Ugh.
Photobucket

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 07-22-2010 - 6:28pm
I don't know if you or DH are into walking and/or jogging for exercise, but I've heard a lot of great things about the Bob Revolution. It has a lockable wheel so you can either run or walk with it. Supposedly, it handles really well, even over rough terrain. It's a bit bulkier than other strollers though. I plan on getting it and having it be our only stroller. For Kara - they make it in a double too!

Edited 7/22/2010 10:30 pm ET by pinkboxer

Melissa - 38

DH - 38

DD - Almost 2!

iVillage Member
Fri, 07-23-2010 - 9:07am
Funny, my friend mentioned the BOB last night. They're just too bulky for me. I'm not a huge runner, but if I'm going to run, it's not going to be while pushing 40lbs of stroller and babies! So, while I want one for walking, it doesn't have to be heavy duty. The double BOB is HUGE!
Photobucket

Photobucket