Round ligament pain?? Ouch! (Xposted)

iVillage Member
Round ligament pain?? Ouch! (Xposted)
Thu, 08-19-2010 - 12:04pm
Sometime last night I got up off the couch and felt like I had pulled a muscle in my side or had a cramp from running too long or something. Thought it would go away overnight, but no, just as bad this morning. If I sit still I'm fine, but the minute I try to move around, ouch. So, I broke down and called my OB this morning just to "put my mind at ease" (DH's words, not mine). She said it's probably round ligament pain, but wants me to come in tomorrow afternoon for an ultrasound just to be sure. So I guess I get a little peak at my veggies tomorrow but I'd really like this to go away. Isn't there anything I can do to get rid of it????
Photobucket

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 08-19-2010 - 3:30pm
Ugh yeah I've had that happen - it actually happened in the middle of the night once! Fortunately it was gone by the time I woke up. I'm not sure there's much you can do, since we're not allowed to take any anti-inflammatories. Maybe Tylenol would help, but I'm not sure. I hope it gets better for you soon! Let us know how the ultrasound goes. I'm sure everything is fine though.

pregnancy week by week

Melissa - 38

DH - 38

DD - Almost 2!

iVillage Member
Thu, 08-19-2010 - 6:58pm

I've had serious problems with this since about 14 weeks. The worst for me is when I roll over in bed. Sometimes it feels like my whole belly is being ripped off my body. Other times my hips and sides feel so crampy I have to get out of bed and walk around. My tail bone often hurts so bad I can barely walk and I already have a full on pregnancy waddle.

Through trial and error I've found ways to sit on the couch with minimum discomfort and I sleep propped up by a million pillows and turn over very slowly. Some days are worse than others and it's definitely better if I stretch on a regular basis (thank god for yoga!). My OB said 'try a heating pad' but really he was telling me to suck it up.

It's generally worst in the 4th and 5th month and then eases up until late in the third trimester (so my OB tells me) and I'm already finding that I have more good days than bad. Good luck.

iVillage Member
Fri, 08-20-2010 - 12:02am
It sucks doesn't it? I started having it at around 14 weeks but mine was more concentrated to my groin muscle area.

iVillage Member
Fri, 08-20-2010 - 7:23pm
Thank you guys! I went in for a quick scan this afternoon and everything looks perfect. Baby girl was posing and puckering her lips and baby boy was being just as jumpy and uncooperative as last time! She said everything looks perfect and it is in fact just RLP. Ugh. It's better today than yesterday, but still there, and last night was not a good night's sleep. Oh well, I'll take it :) The ultrasound tech told me today she's 17 weeks PG (never would have guessed!) and she's having it too so that made me feel better. She even printed me a few pictures to take with me. So I guess I just suck it up now!
Photobucket

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Photobucket