NT results?'s

iVillage Member
NT results?'s
Tue, 08-24-2010 - 2:48pm
well i got the blood work back from the NT results. Trisomys are at 1/10000 but down is 1/171. I met with a genetic counselor today and got my options. I am going to have a level 2 u/s at 18 weeks which is the 28th of Sept. I will love my child no matter what I just want some answers...I have the option of doing an amino but will not do it because of the risk of miscarriage. I just hope the u/s shows good results. I wish i could get off the roller coaster now! this pregnancy has been one thing after another!
Lilypie Kids birthday TickerDaisypath Next Aniversary Ticker

iVillage Member
Thu, 08-26-2010 - 9:10am

While I TOTALLY understand the fear of the risk with Down's, it sounds like the odds are definitely in your favor. Stay positive and take good care of yourself (which it sounds like you're already doing!). Please KUP!

Jen--

Pregnant after Valentine's Day loss

Photobucket

wedding ticker

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Jen--

Pregnant after Valentine's Day loss

iVillage Member
Tue, 08-24-2010 - 5:56pm
I had higher HCG levels and lower pappa-a and then the fold was 2.1 which they said is normal but a bit high. Soo with all that combined they come up with the 1/171. It is all numbers and risk. I am just going to enjoy the pregnancy and see what happens. I know PAL brain will get the best of me though in the coming weeks!

iVillage Member
Tue, 08-24-2010 - 5:45pm

Well if you look at it another way, that means you have about 0.6% chance of having a Down's baby, or >99% chance of having a healthy one. So your chances are still excellent that your baby is healthy. Did they mention which factor was throwing your results off?

I agree, I had a 1/365 chance of a baby with Down's and I chose not to do the amnio because I know I wouldn't terminate the baby. Some people like to do it just so they will know for sure though. If things look OK at the ultrasound (which I'm sure they will) then that lowers your risk too. KUP!

Melissa - 38

DH - 38

DD - Almost 2!