20 week ultrasound

iVillage Member
20 week ultrasound
Tue, 08-31-2010 - 6:51pm

well I had my ultrasound today and got to see my little ones hearbeat which made me feel wonderful and the whole time the tech was poking around I could feel the baby moving around he/she was not impressed lol

but...the tech said I may have to come back to get some more measurments of the heart because the babies position was just not good so her to get them and now she has me worried that something may be wrong I wanted to call my ob as soon as I got home but I knew there was no point that they wont have the report till possibly tomorrow but more likely thursday or friday

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Tue, 08-31-2010 - 9:54pm

I definitely think that they just couldn't see.

BabyFruit Ticker
iVillage Member
Tue, 08-31-2010 - 11:08pm

It sounds to me like you have a very active baby in there! I think that the baby just wasnt in a good position to get a clear view of the four chambers of the heart. Maybe s/he IS stubborn :) If they didnt seem to have any other concerns, I would try not to worry about it.

FWIW, with my last pregnancy they spent about 30 minutes of our ultrasound taking very detailed pictures of the baby's heart. I was getting kind of worried. After 10 or 15 minutes of this, I asked if there was a problem. The tech said no, it was just very rare to get such a clear view of a baby's heart like that. Apparently she was in just the right position for them to see all kinds of things. So maybe yours is simply the opposite.

Also, this time around at my 20 wk u/s, the baby was moving around a whole lot and they didnt get a clear picture of the hands and feet, because the baby just wouldnt stay still. They said it wasnt anything to worry about, they just didnt have all the information and measurements that they would have liked to get. Protocol, I guess.

Photobucket

My Personal Blog: myhopeisin-you.blogspot.com
PhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Wed, 09-01-2010 - 8:09am
I wouldn't worry (and I worry about everything!!!!). With my first son, I had something similar happen during my 20wk u/s too. They couldn't get an accurate view of the heart that they wanted. The tech had me get up to stretch and use the bathroom in hopes he would shift position. If he didn't move, we would have had to go back. While waiting I stood in the room and did a wiggle dance, LOL. To our surprise, and the techs...he moved into a perfect position. In our case he cooperated.
Jaime

Mom of 2 boys (5 and 1)
with 4 angels up above

having a baby

BabyFruit Ticker
Jaime

Mom of 2 boys (5 and 1)
with 4 angels up above

pregnancy calendar

iVillage Member
Wed, 09-01-2010 - 8:52am
I wouldn't worry about that at all! I've seen tons and tons of PAL women who have to go back because of a stubborn baby! As your screen name says, its so easy to be a paranoid mommy :), but I really hope that you can relax until your next appointment! Please KUP!
Jen--

Pregnant after Valentine's Day loss

Photobucket

wedding ticker

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Jen--

Pregnant after Valentine's Day loss

iVillage Member
Wed, 09-01-2010 - 11:56am
I agree with the pp, don't panic!!! It totally sounds like your little one was just being uncooperative. Try and relax and look at it this way - you get to have another nice little peek! :)
Photobucket

Pregnancy Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

iVillage Member
Wed, 09-01-2010 - 3:27pm

I drank orange juice before our ultrasound and that made our little boy active too.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers