2nd tri chat thread for September!

iVillage Member
2nd tri chat thread for September!
Tue, 08-31-2010 - 11:13pm
Ok second trimester ladies, here is the new chat thread for September.
Who will be the first to post here? Do you think you can beat out the 1t and 3t with the most posts? Get to it! :)

Photobucket

My Personal Blog: myhopeisin-you.blogspot.com
PhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Sun, 09-05-2010 - 9:05am
Yep Molly, that's when they started for me (when I was pregnant with DS). I haven't had them yet this pregnancy, but I know they'll likely start soon. And yes, what you're describing sounds exactly like BH. No worries at all!
Jen--

Pregnant after Valentine's Day loss

Photobucket

wedding ticker

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Jen--

iVillage Member
Sun, 09-05-2010 - 12:12am
BH actually start around 8w, but you usually can't feel them until later. I've been noticing them for a couple of weeks now too. A lot of times I think it is BH, but sometimes I do think it's the baby doing summersaults or something. Usually then my belly is a weird shape.
iVillage Member
Sat, 09-04-2010 - 11:32pm

Ok so does anybody know if braxton hicks contractions start in the 2T? I get this tightening of the stomach at least once a day. My stomach will feel tight and uncomfortable for a little bit and then go away. Or maybe this is just the baby moving around? Anybody have any ideas?

Molly

pregnancy calendar

iVillage Member
Sat, 09-04-2010 - 12:05pm
Oh man, that's going to be awkward. My Dad had a falling out with his parents when my sister was expecting her second. My grandparents automatically lump us in with my Dad, so they weren't really talking to us either (they're a bit odd sometimes). So, they eventually made up with my Dad and came to visit when we were all at the house. When they saw that my sister was pregnant they asked her when she was due and she said next week. Awkward. But, sometimes there's nothing you can do.
iVillage Member
Sat, 09-04-2010 - 10:53am

I agree, I am starting to get really uncomfortable. I will be fine most of the day and then my stomach will tighten or baby will start kicking one side of my stomach and I will have this lump usually on my left side- then all I want to do is go home, sit on the couch and be comfortable. Of course my three yo has other ideas.

pregnancy calendar

iVillage Member
Fri, 09-03-2010 - 3:14pm
I'm loving the kicks as well. The other night my whole belly was moving around and DH and I could see a limb (an arm, I think). I am defiantly loving this part of my pregnancy. I don't like going to work anymore, though. I can go for 8 hours without sitting down and it's wearing on me already. My poor legs and hips hurt! I just want to stay at home and maybe start some baby shopping.
iVillage Member
Wed, 09-01-2010 - 11:26pm

I know what you mean by the boring stretch, but I agree its nice. Not as much worrying as I had for the first probably about 16weeks. I can feel baby pretty regularly now and I love that. Still waiting for those big movements where I can see my belly move, now its more like little pops in my belly. And as others have said seems like baby is more active at night, but I will

pregnancy calendar

iVillage Member
Wed, 09-01-2010 - 8:48am
Hi ladies! So now we're in that "boring" stretch. (which I'm sure that no PAL woman is complaining about anything boring). However, I'm at that point where I still feel like my DD is so far away! And that other day when said to DH "Can you believe I'm already 6 months?!", he just said "of course I can". :) Not a lot of excitement, just the same old same old growing belly. I do love that I'm feeling those kicks regularly though!
Jen--

Photobucket

wedding ticker

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Jen--