1st try after m/c

iVillage Member
1st try after m/c
Thu, 04-03-2003 - 11:24am
Hi all. I'm new here, and I wish I had found you guys 6 months ago. I'm pregnant again for the first time since my miscarriage in September 2002. I'm scared to death. I'm just over 5 weeks and I miscarried in my 11th week the last time. I'm not telling anyone for obvious reasons until after 12 weeks. I know there's a one in three chance it will happen again, but I guess I just needed to vent to people who understand my fear.

Hoping for the best

shari

Pages

iVillage Member
Thu, 04-03-2003 - 11:30am
Welcome to PAL Shari and congratulations! This is a super supportive and helpful board - at least it has been for me. Hopefully you'll find it the same. This is "THE" place for venting to people that "get it".

I know how scared you are. I had a missed m/c last September at 11 weeks. I was a basket case until I got past that point - it was hard. Hang in there - we all know how you feel and this is a great place to talk about it.

-janet and connor 18W 1D

iVillage Member
Thu, 04-03-2003 - 3:28pm
Shari, congratulations and I am happy you were able to find this board. I just recently became active with the board mainly waiting for CVS results before beginning to enjoy the pregnancy. This is a wonderful and supportive group of ladies and I am sure you will find them to be very supportive, and share with you the happiness and concerns of pregnancy. Again, welcome and be positive.

Kim and Oliva

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-04-2003 - 11:42am
Hi Shari, I'm in the same exact situation (just posted as a newbie)! Just found out I'm pg (only about 4 weeks) after the loss of my first pregnancy in September 2002. I'm going to tell a very small number of people as I've found that those who haven't experienced a m/c don't seem to understand that it's not at all uncommon. I don't want anyone excited for me until it sticks!

My heart goes out to you - I know how you feel!

Hugs,

Jill

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-04-2003 - 12:54pm
Welcome Shari! I can totally empathize - I lost my little one in October of last year to a missed miscarriage, so my nerves are a bit on edge, too. This board is wonderfully supportive and positive - I'm sure you'll get all of the help you need here.

Hugs and belly rubs...

-- Laura & Peanut, 5w5d

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-04-2003 - 1:29pm
Hi Shari.... I know how you feel.... hang in there.....Try to just take one day at a time. Each day you are that much closer.......

I am here on the board if you ever need to chat..

Jenny

iVillage Member
Tue, 04-15-2003 - 1:09pm

Hey Shari!

I am 5wks along too after mc in April 02. I am excited but yet wondering. I asked God for signs so I would have peace about this pregnancy. As I was watching the 700 Club the other day, Pat Robertson quoted a verse:

Philippians 2:13   "for it is God who is at work in you, both to will and to work for His good pleasure."

God is doing a great work in us and this child is for His pleasure.

My youngest daughter age 5, told me of a dream she had not knowing I am pregnant, said that we were at Toy's R Us and shopping for a baby girl and the baby was there!

Hold onto God and He will hold onto you:c)

Kimberly

iVillage Member
Tue, 04-15-2003 - 2:49pm
Hi - I am a newbie also; I am a little over 7 weeks and very nervous. But I am trying to stay positive for my sake, as well as my baby's (and my husband's too, I guess!).

I have been lucky - most of my friends were really supportive after my m/c in October, and they are rooting for me. Unfortunately, this also makes them a little nosy :)

We told a lot of people very early last time. This time, the only ones who know for sure are me, my husband and my doctor and nurses. I am waiting until after my first u/s (4/25) to even tell family. That will be at about 9 weeks. Friends are going to have to wait until 12 or 13 weeks. I imagine some of them already suspect it, but I'm not confirming anything to them yet.

Best wishes for happy & healthy pgs for all of us!!

Shannon

edd 11/28/03

iVillage Member
Thu, 04-17-2003 - 10:25am
Hi Kimberly,

Thank you so much. Those are the words I really needed to hear. I know God is in control, so I have that comfort. It's just so hard sometimes not to let fear take over. I have high blood pressure and am I'm 36, so I have a few other concerns to deal with. I went to a cardiologist yesterday who deals extensively with pregnant women with high blood pressure, so I'm much more at ease that my blood pressure will be under control this time.

I feel different than I did the last time, also. I didn't feel sick at all last time, and morning (all day) sickness is hitting full force this time. That's a good sign. I'm 7 weeks tomorrow. I have my first doctor's appointment Tuesday, and I'll be almost 8 weeks by then. I had a successful saunogram just before the 8th week the last time, too, where we saw the heartbeat. It wasn't until the 11th week when I began to bleed that they checked again, and there had been no growth since the 8th week, and no heart beat. I'll be very nervous this time, because the last time I saw a screen, there was no heart beat. I'll just have to pray for strength.

Thanks for listening! I hope all is going well for you still.

Shari

iVillage Member
Thu, 04-17-2003 - 10:42am
Hi Shannon,

I know what you mean about nosey friends! Some ask me every week if we have anything to report. I've only told a couple of friends at work, one I work out at the gym with and can't do the same classes with anymore (a good friend); another I went to a salon with and had to confess to the hairdresser why my hair is insanely curly and out of condition(hormones); and the other is 15 weeks pregnant and confided in me early on. Our parents don't even know. I'm not sure I'm even going to tell them after the first sonogram, which should be next week, because the last time, the baby was fine at 8 weeks, saw the heartbeat and all. Then 3 weeks later we lost it. My mom was the hardest of all to tell the bad news to. I don't think I can do that again.

So, I think I'll wait until after week 12, as hard as that will be. I'm already showing a little, so I'm not really sure if I can hide it that long. This is my second and I'm ballooning out like crazy! I'm also petite and not quite 5 foot 2.

It sounds like you're about a week ahead of me! I should be 8 weeks on the 25th. I hope you're sonogram goes well. I expect to have mine on my first visit the 22nd. I'm very nervous, but I'm sure it will all be fine. As sick as I feel this time, I know the hormones are raging.

Keep in touch and let me know how your sonogram goes.

Shari

iVillage Member
Thu, 04-17-2003 - 12:14pm
Yes, about the same thing happened with us last time. I saw the h/b at about 6 weeks, and figured that the odds of m/c'ing were so low after that, that I told everybody. I learned my lesson with that. My husband and I are still debating whether we should even tell family until 12 weeks (actually, he says 15). I don't think I'll be able to wait that long, though. Every time I talk to his mom, she asks me how things are going. Last Friday she said "...well, I know you'll tell me when you are...". I had to bite my tongue! :)

I will let you know about the u/s - you do the same!

Positive vibes to you!

Shannon

Pages