Another from TTCAL6+ months (m, m/c)

iVillage Member
Another from TTCAL6+ months (m, m/c)
Fri, 04-04-2003 - 11:37am
although I mostly lurked on that board. I got a faint BFP yesterday at 11dpo and a darker line today. I am overjoyed and terrified! I've had one other pregnancy that ended with a d&c for a blighted ovum in September 2002. Trying to tell myself that no matter how this turns out, it's better than ttc with no luck!

To top it off, yesterday I found out a close girlfriend was also pg. She called this morning to tell me she miscarried last night! And I know so many people who have had two (or more) m/c's in a row.

I hope I'm not scaring anyone else too much with my fears, I haven't been on this board before so don't really know what it's like. I'm sure no one wants to be reminded what the odds are (50/50 according to my ob/gyn, although I'm not sure if that includes conceptions that don't implant). Any advice for dealing with this scary time would be appreciated!

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-04-2003 - 12:29pm
Jill, first of all welcome to PAL and congratulations!

Second of all, we all know how you feel and how scary this time can be! It's SO hard. You're not scaring any of us - we've all been through it too.

This board is super supportive and helpful - at least is has been for me. I hope that you find it the same way.

As for getting through this scary time - it's tough. A lot of us have gotten babybeats at around 9 weeks (I find mine super reassuring). Before then, all you can do is just take it one day (or hour) at a time and know that there is nothing that you can do to change the outcome so... It's just hard. Hang in there - we're all here to hold your hand if you need it!

-janet and connor 18W 2D

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-04-2003 - 12:48pm
First of all, congratulations on your pregnancy! PAL is a great source to use for all your emotions..fear, happiness, venting...you name it you can get it here with us! As to you being frightened and scared, its a very normal emotion to be feeling at this time. Be positive, hold little Zach close and keep talking! Keep us posted!

Kim and Olivia

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-04-2003 - 12:53pm
Congrats! I'm from the TTCAM6+ board too -- my edd is 12/01 -- what about yours???

I have the same feelings you do -- totally normal!!!

Happy and Healthy 9 months to you!!!

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-04-2003 - 1:00pm
Hi Jill, and welcome to the board! Your fears are totally normal, and very common among the women here. It's a scary time - I'm right there with you, just shy of six weeks. I will say, though, that I think the 50/50 stat you quoted included those pregnancies that don't implant... think once that's happened, the percentage drops to 15-20. Still makes you nervous, though... I know. :)

Glad you're here... think you'll find all of the support you'll need.

-- Laura & Peanut, 5w5d

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-04-2003 - 5:40pm
Thanks Gail! I think I'm probably due mid December, so sounds like we're roughly...not cycle buddies...EDD buddies? Good luck to you!