I'm rather new here - EDD 12/01

iVillage Member
I'm rather new here - EDD 12/01
Sun, 04-06-2003 - 1:05pm
I swore I wouldn't tell anyone but DH that we were pg again until late in 1st Trimester after last time's m/c but am finding that I'm starting to tell more and more people now!

I would feel so much better to wait until I have my ultrasound in about 1 1/2 weeks but part of me just wants to tell people my happy news now, since it's been almost 1 1/2 years since my last pg (ended in m/c at 12 weeks). I am only telling my really close friends because I figure that even if something bad happens this time too, I will be leaning on them anyway and at least they can share in my joy for the moment.

But, then I also feel like I may be jinxing myself??? Anyone else feel that way??

Thanks!

iVillage Member
Sun, 04-06-2003 - 3:12pm
Hi,

I just wanted to let you know that you aren't alone in what you feel. I had a m/c at 10 weeks in August and up until that point in this pg, I was so scared. I made my first ob visit and u/s at 11 weeks, I just couldn't bring myself to go any sooner than that. I didn't tell anyone that I was pg until I was about 16 weeks along.

We just ordered the baby's crib today and I feel like I've just jinxed myself (and I will be 23 weeks on Tuesday.) :-)

Anyway, I hope that you find great support from these ladies. They are wonderful and will answer any questions/concerns you may have.

Hugs,

Deann (22w 5d)

iVillage Member
Sun, 04-06-2003 - 3:42pm
Gail, I'm new too (I think I saw your name when I lurked on ttcal6+ board?) and totally understand. I found out I was pg last Thursday and have told exactly one person besides DH. It's not that I don't want anyone to know if I m/c - it's that I don't want to HAVE to tell them because they knew I was pg. I hated coming home from the first bad u/s and having to notify the small group I had told. I will probably tell a few more people...but definitely want to keep it a small number.

I DO NOT think we are jinxing ourselves by telling people though! And it helps to have support during this agonizing 1st trimester wait.

My weird thing is, I'm worried about people being TOO excited for me and refusing to acknowledge the risk of another m/c. Probably because last time, that was the case, and then I did m/c. So this time I'm hesitant to tell the ones I'm afraid will not understand my fears (mostly wonderful, well-meaning people who've never had a m/c and don't get it).

Basically, I'm for whatever gets us through! Hugs and sticky vibes to you!

Jill

iVillage Member
Sun, 04-06-2003 - 6:08pm
Yeah, I know how you feel. I want to tell people and be able to celebrate. Last time I m/c before I had a chance to tell people. I tested positive that morning and m/c that night. But this time I knew so early that I'm struggling with who to tell and who not to tell. I guess I don't want either emotion to be overdone: happiness now because I'm still too afraid to be too happy for myself; or sadness if I m/c because I will just want to move on.

It's a strange place to be.

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-07-2003 - 9:26am
HI Gail!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

I Just wanted to say!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

C*O*N*G*R*A*T*U*L*A*T*I*O*N*S and welcome to PAL!!!!!!!!

*I also wanted to tell you that I had reservation about telling people at first. But with in a week of my poss. pg. test. I sware that everyone knew. Someone even had the guts to say dont you think that you shoule wait before you start telling people. Your not even three months yet. Can you believe that!?! Oh well, I didnt tell everyone just those closer to me. I figured that if the worst was to happen those would be my support people anyway.....

Great big hugs to you hon.... I am so happy for you......

Smooches Ang

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-07-2003 - 10:21am
OHHHH Welcome to my world... I am due Dec. 8th and I feel the same way..... Don't worry you will not jinx anything. Let me know how things go...