One year ago.....

iVillage Member
One year ago.....
Wed, 07-09-2003 - 11:40am
Last year, on July 1 2002, I lost my precious angel. I thought that the anniversary would bring tears and pain, but I was surprised. I spent the day with my beautiful baby girl, Audrey, and there was no pain. I realized that if I hadn't gone through that heartbreaking loss, I'd never have gotten pregnant with Audrey a month later. She is a dream child and everytime I look at her, I realize just how lucky I am to be blessed with her. The 1 year anniversary passed and I said a little prayer of thanks to the baby I'll never know but in my heart. Thanks for teaching me love and compassion, loss and survival, and hope. I know that my angel left so that Audrey could come into my life. Our life. So, there is no more pain where my angel is concerned. Only love... and tears of joy for Audrey Jane, for she is wonderful.

Always,

Erin, Dan and Audrey, almost 4 months old.

Erin, mom to Audrey Jane 3/18/03, ~i~ 7/1/02

iVillage Member
Wed, 07-09-2003 - 3:34pm
Erin,

I know how you feel. Although the 1 year anniversary wasn't as upsetting as I thought, but it still made me stop and think of all that I DID have. I look at my son and I thank God that he gave me another chance to be a mommy. I am glad that you are doing better. Please keep in touch and let us know how Audrey is doing.

Take care my friend,

Melissa and Alex 7 months old

iVillage Member
Wed, 07-09-2003 - 5:23pm
oh erin... that was such a beautiful post. i'm so encouraged by your wonderful and amazing attitude. i think of it often that the baby inside me right now would have never been if i didn't lose the first baby. it's a tough situation since i'm still not sure where i am right now (i'm only 11 weeks) but i pray with all my heart that this baby sticks around to the end. my first baby (that i lost through m/c at 12 weeks) was due august 14th. so i'm very happy to be expecting again before that date. anyhow, just had to say something about your post b/c it was so positive and beautiful. thanks for sharing.

blessings to your little family,

Steph

~i~ 02/03/03

little miracle still growing -- edd 01/28/04

iVillage Member
Wed, 07-09-2003 - 7:28pm
Erin,

Your post gave me such a wonderful feeling in my heart. I had a miscarraige with my first pregnancy one year ago today. I am now 31 weeks pregnant with a little boy, and both excited and nervous all at the same time. When I lost the baby I remember one of my Aunts telling me that she had a miscarraige prior to when her daughter was born, and she felt much the same as you that it taught her about loss and survival, and that if it hadn't happened she might not have had her daughter. I'm not sure I understood what she meant until I read your post today. Thank you for teaching me something about hope and love, and how grief can help heal and teach us to be better human beings and better parents. I wish you the best for a lifetime of happy and wonderful moments with your family.

Jackie