Today is Colton's EDD

iVillage Member
Today is Colton's EDD
Sat, 05-29-2010 - 7:13pm
I have to say, I'm having a really hard time. I've been crying a lot, and I haven't gotten out of bed all day. I had two family members with due dates around mine, and they both recently gave birth to healthy boys. I'm happy for them, but very sad for me and my angel boy. I'm happy that I'm pregnant again, but I think I will always miss my first baby.
iVillage Member
Sat, 05-29-2010 - 8:36pm
Angela - Im so sorry you're having a hard time :(
But remember that it is ok to feel this way.
Your EDD is a difficult day to get through, I know.... especially when there are little cousins or nephews being born in your family now. I know that you are pregnant again, but that doesnt negate the fact that your heart still aches for the baby that you will never get to see or hold.
I wish there were words I could give you to take away the pain and sadness, but all I can say is that Im sorry, and Ive been there too. With my last EDD, my cousin ended up having a baby boy the same week that my baby would have been born. It is so, so hard. Like a hole in your heart, ro a knife in your chest. But you will get through it. One day you'll notice that you dont cry as much, and youll be able to get out of bed. It's just a hard time. I hope that you have loving, supportive people around you, like DH and others, that can help you right now.

PhotobucketPhotobucket

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Tue, 06-01-2010 - 7:40am

It really is the hardest thing. The only person I talked to about my angel baby's EDD coming and going was my mom, and all I could say was "I have to be ok, because I have to be thankful for the baby I am carrying now". It's so hard to love and want both, because it is literally impossible, yet happening at the same time?

Having family members with due dates around the same time makes it so much worse, because you will forever use those babies as a reference as to where your precious angel baby would be :(. My best friend is due here in the next few weeks, and I know I will always be thinking that I should have my angel baby that would be just a few weeks older than hers, :(.

There aren't really words to comfort a time like this, but just know that I feel exactly where you are coming from, and I too will always love and miss that first angel baby, no matter what!

iVillage Member
Thu, 06-03-2010 - 10:02pm
Oh, Nicole, you always say the exact right thing. I wanted to thank you for that earlier, but I wasn't ready. I have been doing much better in the last few days. I am very thankful for this board and my DH, I don't know what I would do without any of you.
iVillage Member
Fri, 06-04-2010 - 12:39am

You're welcome, Angela. And take all the time you need. (No matter if you would have replied next week or next month, I still would have been able to see your response.) Like I said, there are no magic words to take away the pain and hurt, but sometimes it really helps just to know that others understand what you're going through.

Im glad your DH has been a great support for you to lean, and I hope you are being kind to yourself right now, too :) And as always, you can use these boards anytime. We're always here for you.

PhotobucketPhotobucket

Photobucket