update and HELLO! I miss you guys!

iVillage Member
update and HELLO! I miss you guys!
Thu, 08-14-2008 - 8:59pm

I'm so sorry for not responding to messages, and I want you all to know that you are in my heart always. I check on you guys every single day, and I am so happy to be a part of your exciting (and often taxing) pregnancy journeys! It has been incredibly difficult to find time to post messages here. Casey is quite a high-needs little girl, and it's taking all of Chris' and my time and energy to give her what she needs to be happy. Don't get me wrong; I am completely in love with my little girl, and LOVE parenting her. But she does NOT like to be put down, and since I'm breastfeeding her I'm on demand often. Luckily we are getting a good night's sleep, all things considered. Casey goes to sleep at about 10pm and nurses every 3 hours through the night until about 6am. Since she's in bed with us, that means I technically get nearly 8 hours of sleep. Realistically, it's more like 6 or 7 hours because I get up to change her and then have a little bit of awake time with each feeding. But overall we are doing awesome. Parenthood is quite a trip, and I wouldn't give it up for the world. I can't wait for all of you to be holding and loving your perfect little beans. I look forward to hearing your birth stories, and then the stories of your first days, weeks, and months of parenthood with them. Good luck to you all, and keep up the amazing work.

Attached are a few photos of Casey. They are in chronological order: The first one is shortly after coming home from the hospita (sorry for the up-the-skirt view) l, and the last one is from a couple of weeks ago (when Casey was about 4 weeks old).

OOps- sorry! I'm both incompetent and overzealous with computer images. That's a bad combination, and the result is that you got 3 copies of the same image and one dud image:)

love,

Marci
Proud mom of Maya Gabrielle, the love of my life, born beautiful and still on February 2, 2007 at 40 weeks, 3 days
AND
her sister, Casey Nadine, who was born healthy and screaming on July 6, 2008.
Marci Proud mom of Maya Gabrielle, the love of my life, born beautiful and still on February 2, 2007 at 40 weeks, 3 days AND her sister, Casey Nadine, who was born healthy and screaming on July 6, 2008.
iVillage Member
Thu, 08-14-2008 - 9:35pm
Oh Marci, it's so good to get an update! I'm so glad you posted pics of Casey, I've been wondering what she's been up to and what she might look like now. She is totally a doll, just a beautiful little girl. I miss you around here, but I know exactly how exhausting it is with a newborn so I understand! LOL
Photobucket

staystuckPhotobucket

iVillage Member
Fri, 08-15-2008 - 12:00am

She is so beautiful!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 08-15-2008 - 2:05am

Oh my gosh Marci, seriously you just make beautiful babies, she is soooo pretty. I'm glad to hear you're still getting some sleep in spite of her being a little high-needs. Im also excited to hear you're co-sleeping. Joe and I are planning on co-sleeping, but I havent known any Mamas that actually did it full time before! It sounds like its working just as it should- with you getting more sleep since shes right there to nurse, and thats just wonderful :) I cant believe how teeny she looks in that first photo where she's on your lap! She wasnt even crazy small when she was born was she? I thought she was over 7 pounds? Then again, 7 pounds in a belly feels huge, but seven pounds out in the world is still an itty bitty little one :)

Congratulayions, I am so glad to hear you're doing so well and are so happy- please keep updating! You know we love hearing about Casey :)

Lots of love,

wren

Mama to Elliott, born still on May 15, 2007 at 39 weeks

Pregnant with a second bean, due in March!

Mama to *Elliott*, born still on May 15, 2007 at 39 weeks

and

iVillage Member
Fri, 08-15-2008 - 9:07am
She's so beautiful, thanks for sharing, I am so glad you are doing well. We are well too!!!

iVillage Member
Fri, 08-15-2008 - 11:23am

She is gorgeous and all her little features are absolutely perfect!! It sounds like you are a great momma and that you and Chris are keeping busy and enjoying yourselves! Casey is one lucky girl!!

Keep the updates and pics coming (when you can!)!

Kara

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
iVillage Member
Sat, 08-16-2008 - 12:24am

Awww. You guys are all so sweet. It's so nice to share Casey with all of you. I'm glad she brings a smile to you, and I will try to post updates more often now that we're getting into more of a groove with parenting.

Wren, I would be happy to talk more with you about co-sleeping. We were planning to put Casey in a "moses" basket (a basket-like bassinett) next to the bed, but she wouldn't have any of that. She would be sound asleep, but when she's put into the basket she would start wiggling and then crying within minutes. Since we don't feel comfortable letting our daughter cry herself to sleep, our only option was to try sleeping with her. I have always wanted to co-sleep, but Chris didn't feel comfortable with it. He was really afraid of rolling over on Casey, and I didn't want to push him into anything he felt was scary. But after a few nights, he felt much better about it and now loves that Casey sleeps in our bed. We put our mattress on the ground, and we are very careful about blankets, pillows, etc. that could pose a threat to her safety. Luckily it's hot here, so all we need is a sheet. Oh, and we decided that our queen-size bed is just too small, so we ordered a king-sized organic futon. It's very expensive, but we got a generous $ gift from my FIL, and we decided this was a good investment. I can't wait to get the futon so we can all stretch out and feel even more safe about our sleeping arrangements. It took me a while to learn how to breastfeed in the side-lying position, but now that I know how to do it I LOVE that I can just whip out the breast and feed Casey without ever getting out of bed. Sometimes I still have to get up to either change her or comfort her if she's got gas, but mostly we stay lying down for about 6 hours before she needs anything that requires getting up.

There is a good book called "Sleeping with your baby" by James J. McKenna that I would recommend. It's a grounded, scientific approach to co-sleeping that addresses the safety concerns, social stigmas, and practical aspects of having your baby sleep in bed with you. I'd love to hear what you decide to do about co-sleeping when your little one is here. I think there's nothing sweeter than curling up with your baby and being totally in tune with her every move, breath, need, and sound.

love,

Marci
Proud mom of Maya Gabrielle, the love of my life, born beautiful and still on February 2, 2007 at 40 weeks, 3 days
AND
her sister, Casey Nadine, who was born healthy and screaming on July 6, 2008.
Marci Proud mom of Maya Gabrielle, the love of my life, born beautiful and still on February 2, 2007 at 40 weeks, 3 days AND her sister, Casey Nadine, who was born healthy and screaming on July 6, 2008.
iVillage Member
Sat, 08-16-2008 - 9:24am

Marci!!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 08-22-2008 - 9:14pm

Marci,

It is so good to hear from you, I must say I miss ya. However, I am glad I am missing you for a very good reason and of course that is because you are busy with your beautiful little girl.

It seems pretty common for all of us to have babies that need to be held all of the time. Maybe it is because of all the attention we gave them poking them every 5 minutes in the womb. Like I have told everyone else, they definitely outgrow it so enjoy it while it last. Sophie NEVER cuddles anymore, unless she doesn't feel well.

Keep us posted as she grows. Oh and about the Moses bassinet, Sophie wanted nothing to do with hers either :) When you get time, catch up with us on the other board as well. THings are picking up over there so it should be more exciting.

sophie siggy PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket PhotobucketPhotobucket

Photobucket

sophie siggy