you asked for it - Lexi update

iVillage Member
you asked for it - Lexi update
Fri, 08-15-2008 - 9:06pm

ok, so I LOVE my muchkin, but....

well, lets start off by me telling you her nicknames -

iVillage Member
Fri, 08-15-2008 - 11:36pm
LOL aww little Crunch 'n Munch... so cute. Hey, I don't know how you'd feel about this, but have you ever considered taking Lexi to a chiropractor? I've heard that they can really do wonders for babies with colic and reflux. I took Phoenix from the time he was born (especially after vaccinations) and he was always a very easy baby (which could be coincidental.) There were times when he would be constipated that he would literally have a bowel movement the moment he was adjusted. What the doctor would do, is have someone hold the baby on their chest, and he would just use his fingers to slightly adjust things. Phoenix never even knew what was going on (yet alone felt discomfort from it.) I dunno it might be worth a try, it sounds like you really have your hands full.
Photobucket

staystuckPhotobucket

iVillage Member
Sat, 08-16-2008 - 1:04am

dh would kill me, he can't stand chiropractors. He's seen to many serious injuries from "adjustments". People with massive neck trauma, etc. Its rare but it happens, so there's no way he'll let me take Lexi. The reflux is getting lots better with the medicine, i'm just praying the colic goes away soon. If the colic goes away at least she'll only cry for a few hours per day.

I feel behind the other babies, since she probably won't roll over soon. and lots of other babies are starting to get on a schedule. Parents are doing the bedtime routine - bath, story, feeding, changing, then

iVillage Member
Sat, 08-16-2008 - 8:05am

Yeah, but you know what, think of how many doctors and surgeons have injured people. But yeah, I figured your DH might not like chiropractors since he's a doctor.

That's weird that Lexi wakes up at night for 1.5 ounces. If only they could talk right?

I hope Isidora is as easy as Phoenix was. One of my aunts keeps telling me my second child is going to be terrible (she said this before Braedan was born) because the first was so easy. Her first born was always easy going, and then her second was colicky, didn't walk until he was 2 or something absurd, didn't talk for a long time either, didn't pottytrain until he was very old, and to boot he was HUGE. So she was carrying around a 30 pound baby all the time that couldn't walk LOL. She said she used to think something was wrong with him, because he was so behind. Well, now he's the thinnest person in my family (not unhealthily so, he's rippped) and he's an engineer, so there goes that theory LOL. Truthfully, I have a feeling that while her personality is different, she will be alot like Phoenix and will be pretty easy too.

Photobucket

staystuckPhotobucket

iVillage Member
Fri, 08-22-2008 - 9:16pm

Renae,

You definitely are a trooper and I am going to keep telling you this until it actually happens and that is it will get better. I just pray for your sanity it happens before 6 months. It sounds like little Lexi is going to be quite the character though from all of your post. It will be exciting to watch her grow. She is definitely adorable though. We all sure made some beautiful babies on this board.

sophie siggy PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket PhotobucketPhotobucket

Photobucket

sophie siggy