changing the name of the PASB/IL board

iVillage Member
changing the name of the PASB/IL board
Tue, 08-19-2008 - 9:12pm

iVillage Member
Wed, 08-20-2008 - 12:04am

Personally I don't think it's neccessary... I think appropriately titled folders and a good board description at the top would suffice. I think there's a place for both moms of already living children who recently had stillbirths and for moms who have recently given birth to a living child after having a stillborn. I don't know that re-titling it is going to help. (sorry if I'm misunderstanding what you're asking, I'm tired and extremely nervous today) I think if you retitle it, all that's going to happen is it's going to chase away the moms who are moms of living children who recently had stillbirths, who did not have another living child yet. And since the board is already slow, it's going to get slower.

I also don't think you should feel uncomfortable posting that kind of stuff. This is just me, but I personally see no reason to be sad forever. I don't want to live in that state of mind. I want to be able to talk about happy things about my new baby without, even amongst friends who have been there in my darkest days, who have also suffered the loss of a baby (or babies). Sure, I have down days and I will want to talk about those too. I just don't see why the board can't be both.

If you do rename the board, I would think "new moms again", or something along those lines, "after stillbirth", might be better. I know alot of moms of stillborns consider themselves "moms" in every sense already, and then for people like me who already had a living child before the stillborn, I'm not a new mom in any sense, but just a mother again, KWIM?

You could also try to incorporate "playgroup" into the title. I know there is a playgroup for moms after having a loss, I've never checked it out, but I think having "playgroup" in the title would make it clear that it's intended for talking about our living children and bragging and asking questions and doing "normal" mom things.

Gee, I hope any of that made sense. I don't feel like my brain is working.

Photobucket

staystuckPhotobucket

iVillage Member
Wed, 08-20-2008 - 8:44am

Hi Renae,

This is kind of a tough one.

Photobucket