need help and opinions ASAP please.

iVillage Member
need help and opinions ASAP please.
Fri, 09-26-2008 - 1:50am

ok first of all some of you may see this in many places, i am posting it all over.

Pages

iVillage Member
Fri, 09-26-2008 - 9:08am

Hi Teri,
I don't have too much advice, but just thought I'd let you know that Aden is very similar in the night time irritability. Some how he just knows when 7/7:30 is and he starts getting fussy and crying and he works himself up so much at the breast that he breaks into a sweat. I've noticed that usually it is because of trapped gas - he will literally pass gas and then fall asleep peacefully like nothing happened. Anyway, I'm not too sure if this is helping you - but at least you know you're not alone. I'm thinking it may be acid reflux, or it could be that he doesn't like the fact that i just ate a huge meal - i watch what i eat carefully though as to not upset him. As far as worms - i think you would see them in her diaper if she had the kind that dogs get, so don't worry too much about that.

But overall, I would trust your gut and talk to the pediatrician. I'm sure all is fine and she is just having a fussy stage and maybe a growth spurt.

good luck and keep us posted, you guys are in my prayers.

Hugs,
Kara

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
iVillage Member
Fri, 09-26-2008 - 4:52pm

Teri,

I think often Mom's are right when doc's are wrong. You know your kid. You know what is normal and what is not. I think you should call your Ped and if they are good one they will get her right in. Is it possible she has an ear ache. With what you wrote, it sounds like she may be uncomfortable eating. You were right to change the nipple size, but if that doesn't work something else is going on. Also, is it possible she is teething? Some baby's are comforted with sucking while teething and others are not. Sophie is not. We often struggle with the bottle but thankfully we have solids to fall back on. Sophie actually started teething, doctor confirmed, just before 4 months and the little stinker still doesn't have any teeth, LOL! Also maybe you should give her heart doc's a call. Sorry I don't know exactly what they are called, pediatric cardiologist maybe, and see if they think they need to see her. I wouldn't stress out yet. Sophie lost some weight at one point and it was during cold. It wasn't even that bad, but she did lose some ounces. I know you have so much extra worry, but try to put into check until you know more.

Give her a kiss for me and I hope all is better soon.

Oh and if she is teething. I have read some controversial things on oragel so I use Hyland's teething tablest and they work wonderfully. :)

sophie siggy PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket PhotobucketPhotobucket

Photobucket

sophie siggy
iVillage Member
Fri, 09-26-2008 - 5:11pm

Hi there, after reading your post, I am thinking you may want to ask the doctor about acid reflux. This can cause weight loss and can make babies very uncomfortable, and writhe around when they are eating, like they are frustrated or have gas or something, and if she feels better after throwing up, that's another sign. I don't know about worms, but my instincts tell me not to worry about that. And, my son used to become completely unmanageable every night around 6pm. He was horribly grouchy and nothing we did would soothe him. It is very normal, and can be a sign of over tiredness. We actually started putting him to bed at that hour, or actually a half hour before his fussy time every night, and he slept really long before waking up until he slept through the night! So, that could also be why. But it is very normal for a baby to be fussy like that. All of my friends told me before I had my firstborn who is now 2, to expect a baby to cry with no consolation like every day at the same time. So, don't worry. The only concern I have is the vomiting. My son never vomited or anything... and since she seems happier afterward, that tells me her belly may be acting up. Still, every night at the same time seems to point toward a normal baby who may be overtired, even. It may be a combination of both. Acid reflux can be treated, and won't harm the baby... but if she loses more weight, that will be a concern. Ask the pediatrician about that... Good luck!

heatheranne

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

pregnant
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
iVillage Member
Fri, 09-26-2008 - 7:17pm

I have to Whole heartedly Agree with PP. Acid Reflux and Colic were terrible for aubrey..and she is now 1 year old and only 21 pounds. She was up and down a bit with her weight as well because there was spitting up and some hard nights. our Ped suggested getting a elevated pillow (its a firm foam like incline with sides to support) I bought ours at BabiesRus. It helped her not lay flat and really made a difference at night. I wouldn't worry so much about Worms, if it was that, she would be showing other signs..bloated abdomen,fever, itching anus, Major weigh lose,

Photobucket Mama to Gabriel 6 years o
iVillage Member
Sat, 09-27-2008 - 10:22am

haha i just thought of worms literally as

iVillage Member
Sat, 09-27-2008 - 12:01pm
It is very very common for babies to have a "bewitching" hour every night. Mine DD certainly did! My DD also had acid reflux and needed to take Zantac. I wonder if Ophelia has it too. The symptoms sound similar. She would arch her back and wiggle around and scream while eating and right after. Just a thought.

Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
iVillage Member
Sat, 09-27-2008 - 10:17pm

Hey Teri...I only have tine for a very short, partial post...as she is stirring as I type and I only have a couple minutes before the sirens go off, LOL.

.:Trisha:.
Baby Names - BabyNamey.com Name Badge Ticker
iVillage Member
Mon, 09-29-2008 - 1:07am

hey thanks, and especially about the teething.

iVillage Member
Mon, 09-29-2008 - 1:15am
oh you guys are all the best, this is exactly why i posted about this.
iVillage Member
Mon, 09-29-2008 - 1:21am

haha ok the whole worms thing.

Pages