Anna is here!

iVillage Member
Anna is here!
Sat, 11-08-2008 - 8:48pm

Wow! I just had a baby and she is here with us at home! I am scared, sad and happy all at the same time. Here's the story.....

Thursday morning I sat down here to check the posts and all of the sudden felt like I was getting wet. I went to the bathroom and sure enough I was trickling fluid. I called my DH to come home, he thought I was joking. We arrived at the hospital at 11am.

The contractions were still a little slow so they gave me some pitocin to speed them up. I walked around and felt pretty good for a while. then at 3pm the doc checked me and I was 5cm. She moved something and all of the sudden my little trickle of water turned into Niagra Falls. The nurse asked if I wanted the epidural then and I said I was okay for now. Then about 2 minutes later I was screaming for it. That helped a ton. I dilated to 10 in less then an hour and was ready to push.

We started pushing and the nurse realized that I was a "good pusher". She went to check with the doc and the doc said to stop pushing because there were 2 other ladies pushing at the same time and only 1 doc. As I pushed on Anna she pushed back with her feet into my rib cage. The pain became unbearable even with the epidural so they gave me something else and had me relax. I could feel Anna moving down as I was laying there. The doc finally came in, I pushed once and Anna was out and screaming. Head, then hand waving hello, then body. Apgars 9/9. Not a dry eye in the room. She looks just like my Dad's side of the family, we all have the same nose.

She sleeps a lot and has to be woken up to feed. She is a champ at that too. She gets a little fussy now and then but is generally a pretty calm girl. I hope this lasts. She loves to have her hands by her face and gets mad when we try to swaddle them in the blankets. We will have to go buy some mits so she doesn't get too scratched up.

I am feeling okay. I woke up this morning feeling like I got hit by a truck. All of my back muscles are killing, I guess from straining to push her out. IB profen is helping but I think a good massage is what I really need. I had an episiotomy but hardly feel it at all now. I had her stay in the nursery for 4 hours at night so we could at least get a little sleep. I wonder what we will do now that we are home... I am watching her like a hawk for any signs of anything. At the hospital I kept expecting the doc to come in and tell me something was wrong with her, but all they ever said was how well she is doing. I couldn't believe we got to bring her home today and was sobbing the whole way.

-Erica
Here are the pics.....

pregnancy week by week

Pages

iVillage Member
In reply to: leroy123
Sat, 11-08-2008 - 9:27pm

Erica,

Congrats on your little girl!!! she is absolutely beautiful and just stunning! I wish your family all the best and i hope you

iVillage Member
Sat, 11-08-2008 - 9:30pm
Congratulations! Wow, she has so much hair, what a beauty!

Mary, mom to

Phoenix, Isidora,

and missing angel Braedan

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Sat, 11-08-2008 - 10:47pm

Your baby girl is so beautiful!

Mommy to Jackson 9/12/06, Austin 11/26/08, and my beautiful angel Andy 12/29/2007

Thank you beccam

iVillage Member
Sat, 11-08-2008 - 10:55pm

YAY! Congratulations Erica, and welcome to the world adorable Miss Anna! It's nice to hear a pretty mellow normal birth story lol :) I am so happy she's home with you guys and all is well.

*huge hugs*

wren

Mama to *Elliott*, born still on May 15, 2007 at 39 weeks

Pregnant with a second boy, *Judah*,

Mama to *Elliott*, born still on May 15, 2007 at 39 weeks

and

iVillage Member
Sun, 11-09-2008 - 12:26pm

Yay! She is BEAUTIFUL Erica.. just beautiful! Many many congrats.. and welcome to the world little one!!

Lots of Love,

~Jess

pregnancy

~Jess 

iVillage Member
Sun, 11-09-2008 - 2:53pm

Erica,

She is gorgeous!!!

Melanie, mom to Alex (b/d 3-9-2008) who she misses with every breath, and Max (b 2-10-2009), whose every breath brings me joy.
iVillage Member
Mon, 11-10-2008 - 10:21am

Awww, congrats Erica,

she is so perfect! Thank you for your birth story. Best wishes to you and you whole family!

Veronika

iVillage Member
Mon, 11-10-2008 - 11:06am

Erica-

Wow!

Lilypie Maternity tickers
iVillage Member
Mon, 11-10-2008 - 7:03pm

She is adorable!!!

I am so happy for you!

Jamie

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Tue, 11-11-2008 - 1:32am

Heyy Erica!!!
A huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge congrats honey.....I am so happy your journey ended with such a beautiful and uneventful birth!! You made it through everything....and with such a gorgeous little reward!! ;) She is a doll!! May she bring you and your family a lifetime of happiness and joy...you deserve it!!
Ivey slept TOOONS the first couple of weeks. So much, in fact, that it concerned me. I had to wake her up to eat also and then she'd be right back out again. It's normal...so use it to get as much rest/sleep as you can right now...it wont last too long, LOL.
Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!! I am soooo very happy for you and your family!!

Welcome to the world little Anna...your mommy has been waiting a very long time for you!!

Hugs,

.:Trisha:.

Baby Names - BabyNamey.com Name Badge Ticker

Photobucket
Photobucket

Photobucket

.:Trisha:.
Baby Names - BabyNamey.com Name Badge Ticker

Pages