iVillage Member
How Miss Hannah Rose got here!!
Fri, 12-19-2008 - 10:58am

Photobucket

Pages

iVillage Member
Fri, 12-19-2008 - 12:26pm

Oh Rhonda,

she is so perfect. How did you do such a beautiful pictures? Thank you for your detailed story. I think you made right decision with the c-section. With her heart rate dropping like that I think it would ended that way anyway. I bet the first day without her must have been torture! I hope that the same will not happen to me - it would bring back so many memories - me alone in the room after c-section and baby no where, it brings tears to my eyes just to think about it.

But Hannah is here and she is where she is supposed to be, with her loving parents. :-)

How is your c-section recovery? I hope you are doing great :-)

Give your little princess big kiss from me.

Veronika

iVillage Member
Fri, 12-19-2008 - 3:13pm
Hi,
Rhonda, she is so beautiful. I love those pictures. Where did you get them done? I am so sorry you were in labor for days before you actually needed to have a c section anyway. That is just a waste of labor pains. Luckily the prize at the end is so worth it! I hope you have a quick recovery and enjoy every minute with her.
Shanna

Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
iVillage Member
Fri, 12-19-2008 - 6:07pm

Veronika,

I find myself wondering every day if our loss of Abby effected my decisions. I wonder if we hadn't lost her if I would have tried to wait longer before being induced and if that would have made labor easier or quicker. I also wonder if I would have waited longer before opting for the c-section and maybe she would have been able to come natural? I guess I will never know, but all I cared about was getting here safe!

I have a new respect for mommies of angels that had to have a c-section. It is so painful on top of the emotional pain. I realize that having a natural birth with Abby was much easier, although it obviously wasn't easy. I am feeling much better finally. I can actually bend over now without too much pain. And I can lay on my side too.

Dont you worry though, your little one is going to come out perfect and get to spend all of the time with you!! I just feel it in my bones!

Oh and my sister took her pictures. I actually bought the camera from my sister, but now I need to buy the lights that she uses...but we can't afford them just yet. I just got the hospital bill in the mail.....yikes!! Hospital plus NICU is pricey!!!!! So be prepared, there will be many, many pics of Hannah coming!! lol

Photobucket
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 12-19-2008 - 6:11pm

Shanna,

Thank you! My sister does photography and she flew home to be here for her birth, so she took the pics and boy she took a lot of them. I have over 100 pics of her and that was only in the first week of her life!! lol

If only I had known that my pelvis was too small (thats what the dr. said) and that she didnt' want to come out, then I would have just told them to do a c-section and get her out a couple days sooner! lol Oh well, I don't care just as long as she is healthy.

You are getting so close now! I can't believe you girls will be bringing your babies home soon!! I can't wait to see the birth story and see those pictures.

Photobucket
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 12-19-2008 - 9:49pm

Thank you for sharing your birth story ~:) It sounds so frustrating, scary, and wonderful all in one. Congratulations to you guys.. I will send positive thoughts and prayers for a continued speedy recovery from your c-section!

Lots of Love,
~Jess

~Jess

new baby

~Jess 

iVillage Member
Sat, 12-20-2008 - 3:16pm

I was just checking in to see...

I am so happy for you!!!!

I am sorry it wasn't a more possitive experience...

Congratulations.

Jamie

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Sat, 12-20-2008 - 10:47pm

Hi Rhonda,

I am glad you started to feel better after your c-section. It took me, too, about two weeks to get somewhat moveable again :-)

I would totally not worry about "if I would wait maybe I would not have c-section". With my daughter I was 41 weeks and my water broke on my own. I was dilated 1.5 centimeter for like 2 weeks (maybe even longer, I don't remember). Well we got into the hospital, they gave me cervadil (sp?) and I was laboring 12 hours. My cervix didn't open even little bit. (they were supposed to start me on pitocin in the morning). So even though I was one weeks after due date and my water broke, it still didn't help with the cervix at all :-) So my point is, most likely if you would wait week or two, it would be the exactly same story.

And from what you wrote, I have no doubt you would ended up with c-section anyway. So I think it was only good that you decided for c-s when you decided and Hannah didn't have to take

iVillage Member
Sun, 12-21-2008 - 12:21am

Hi Rhonda,

I'm very glad to read your birth story finally. I have to say i'm a little surprised by your vocalisation about women waiting until 40 weeks...id think after being on this board for so long you'd understand why some of us can't go to forty weeks- even those who don't have a strong medical reason....I guess your words felt a little like judgement to me, even though

Mama to *Elliott*, born still on May 15, 2007 at 39 weeks

and

iVillage Member
Sun, 12-21-2008 - 1:40pm

Wren,

I am sorry if it offended you in any way. The truth is I posted her birth story on another board that I go to and some of the women there were trying to self induce at 36 and 37 weeks. Seriously they wanted to have their babies, just so they could be more comfortable....so I guess I should have deleted the last portion of that before posting here. I know that we ALL have plenty enough reason to get our little ones here safe and its not out of selfishness that we want to have them, like some women. Also when I was writing that, all I could think of was the pain that the c-section had me in. Honestly it was not fun that first week at all, except for having hannah in my arms, that was the only thing that mattered.

I sometimes get upset thinking that my loss caused me to make poor decisions. For instance if I would have still been pregnant with Abby, maybe I would have waited longer before letting them induce me and maybe I could have had the perfect 40 week labor and delivery, but since I lost her and worried about this little one I tried to get them to induce me sooner. They agreed and she was born at 38w5d, but what if I had just waited until 39 weeks? Then I was dialated to 5, even though it didn't change in the 4 hours, maybe it would have if I would have just waited it out. But for mommies of angels, its far too hard to just wait and hope that our baby is ok. So I opted for the c-section.

I hope this makes more sense now, and know that statement wasn't directed towards you or any of you for that matter.

We all have very good reason for doing whatever we do. I know that all of us do it for the right reason, for our babies!

I can't wait to hear your birth story and see pics of little Judah!

Photobucket
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sun, 12-21-2008 - 10:15pm

That last paragraph makes total sense to me now- thank you for responding! I am shocked that Mama's would try to self induce so early if they didn't have a history of complications. With Elliott I was pretty miserable for the last few weeks physically, but it just never would have occured to me to try and force him out since I knew that was important developmental time for him. The whole scheduled induction/ scheduled c-section before due date thing still does not make sense to me when it comes to Mom's who don't have medical issues or haven't lost a child. My cousin's wife

Mama to *Elliott*, born still on May 15, 2007 at 39 weeks

and

Pages