Skylar and Casey's birth story!!!!

iVillage Member
Skylar and Casey's birth story!!!!
Sat, 12-27-2008 - 8:06am
Hi,
I woke up yesterday morning with mild cramping and some strong cervical pressure. I thought the babies must have dropped and that is why I felt the pressure. My DH went to work and took our DD to school. I took a shower and realized I had 3 very painful contractions during that time. It just didn't seem like my regular false labor. I called my OB and they said to go to L/D just to get it checked out. The nurses kind of down played my symptoms almost like the boy who cried wolf! My contractions were only 6 minutes apart, but very strong. After about a half hour of being there I had this urge to pee> I got up to go to the bathroom and didn't make it in time. It gushed down my leg. It didn't stop and I thought my water just broke...this is the real deal. We told the nurse and she tested it and said it could be amniotic fluid, but we can't be sure. Again down playing my symptoms. My doctor came in and she was going to do further testing to make sure it was fluid. As I was moving down in the bed another gush of water came out and there was no mistaking it! She checked my cervix and told the nurse she could feel a foot!! The nurse was confused and asked is she dialated? She answered " she is fully dialated and I feel the foot, we need to get her in the OR ASAP!" How crazy is that!!
The anestesiologist, 3 nurses and my OB were in my room in a flash to prep me and get me ready for surgery. It was a whirlwind. We were wheeled down and I was given a spinal which took a while to work. Within 20 minutes my beautiful baby girls were born. Skylar Rose 5 pounds 10 ounces and Casey Hope 4 pounds 14 ounces.
They are doing well for 35 weeks and are both off Oxygen, They will be in the NICU until they can eat without a feeding tube, regulate their body temperatures, and can breath on their own as well. LAst night they each had a bottle and we were able to hold them. Words can't express how happy we are!
I will KUP on the girls. Thank you for all your support through this journey!
With much love,
Shanna

Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
iVillage Member
Sat, 12-27-2008 - 11:01am

Yay Shanna!!! What a wonderful news!!!! Your GIRLS are here, yuppie :-) Cannot wait to see pics.

Veronika

iVillage Member
Sat, 12-27-2008 - 8:02pm

Shanna, what a blessing! I am so glad to hear they have arrived safe and sound :) I can't remember if you mentioned it in a previous post- are they identical or fraternal? Yay for not needing oxygen, and yay for bottle time with their parents- YOU DID IT!!!

*huge hugs*

wren

Mama to *Elliott*, born still on May 15, 2007 at 39 weeks

Pregnant with a second boy, *Judah*,

Mama to *Elliott*, born still on May 15, 2007 at 39 weeks

and

iVillage Member
Sun, 12-28-2008 - 8:51pm
Congratulations!
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 12-29-2008 - 10:15pm

Wow what a crazy birth story. I can't believe the nurses, well yes I can.

It is so wonderful that they are here safe and sound. Twins!!!! THat is so exciting.

Congratulations again and

sophie siggy
iVillage Member
Fri, 01-02-2009 - 6:08pm

Shanna,

Thank you for sharing the wonderful blessing of your daughters' birth story with us.

Lilypie Maternity tickers
iVillage Member
Sun, 01-04-2009 - 11:03pm

YAY Shanna, skylar and casey!!

I'm sure it's such a wonderful relief, and christmas gift for you and your family. So wonderful to read your story and hear that your LOs are here ~:) I'm sure you're blissfully enjoying your twins as I write this.. welcome to the world girls!!

Lots of Love,

~Jess

new baby

~Jess