Update one me and the family

iVillage Member
Update one me and the family
Mon, 01-19-2009 - 3:15pm

Since Wren came to the Parenting after Stillbirth board and asked for updates, and I like Wren so much, here I am LOL.

Probably most of you here don't really "know" me, as I graduated before most of you came here. I lurk all the time though, and I'm sure you've noticed that I sometimes respond to things, though I try to butt out for the most part LOL. It's been 4.5 months since my newest living baby was born, and as scary and sanity-consuming as it was, a part of me wants to be here again soooo bad! Though of course, it's not in our plans. I have to try to convince DH to have another one at all LOL. Hopefully he will be ready in 5 years or so, when I am done with school and am ready myself to try again.

Anyway, so here's my story. I'm 23, gonna be 24 at the end of the month. My first was born screaming in 2/05, after my water prematurely broke and I was induced (I was 34 weeks along.) We were planning to wait a long time before having another baby, but we found ourselves surprised a year later with another pregnancy, which was another boy. That was my son Braedan. That was the most "normal" pregnancy I had, except for the end, though we were extra cautious about my water breaking and having premature contractions, etc. As some of you know, once you have one preemie, you are at a higher risk of having more. We passed by the 34 week mark and all was good. Then I had my 36 week appointment, 11/01/06, baby's heartbeat was good, everything looked "great" according to the doctor, and she told me that if I were to go into labor, they wouldn't try to stop it then. I was ready to go... ready to have the baby. And since my first had been born so much earlier, I felt like I was overdue. Every single day, since I was 34 weeks, I was expecting my water to break or for me to start going into full-blown labor at any time. I'd had lots of painful contractions, but nothing that stayed consistent. Anyway, so the next day I was over at my grandma's house, and she asked me if the baby had been moving alot. I realized then that I hadn't felt him move for awhile, but I didn't freak out because I have a tendency to freak out about alot of things and I made myself stay calm. Plus everyone said, they move less at the end because there isn't as much room, and sometimes they get really "quiet" when you're about to go into labor. I went to bed that night, and still felt nothing. Again, I thought, stay calm. I was sure I would go to sleep and by the time I woke up in the morning, I would have felt some reassuring movements. Morning came, and still nothing. So I call the doctor and they say to go to L&D immediately. We get there, and well, you all know how it goes. Searching for the heartbeat, more franticly searching for the heartbeat, trying a different machine, trying a different nurse, and finally the ultrasound. The "I'm sorry", followed by the cruel extra ultrasound by someone else

iVillage Member
Mon, 01-19-2009 - 6:25pm

Were your ears ringing earlier?

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 01-19-2009 - 6:43pm

LOL haha yeah, that happened to me a few times, I had super faint lines that were just evap lines but I thought I was prego for a minute.

My ears weren't ringing, but they've been itchy... darn infection.

At her appointment on the 8th, she weighed 17 pounds and was 25.5 inches. Which puts her in the 95th percentile for weight, and 90th for height. How big is Lily now? I saw some newer pics of her on your blog, and she's getting so big and cute :)

We still gotta meet up someday too. When things aren't so busy!

Mary
Photobucket

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 01-19-2009 - 8:58pm

Hi Mary,

thank you for update. This a first time I read your whole story about Braedan. Thanks again.

Izzy is sooo cute. I love her eyes

iVillage Member
Tue, 01-20-2009 - 12:02am

Mary, thank you for your post- you are such a darling! Isidora has gotten so big- and so beautiful! Those huge brown eyes and chubby cheeks...I am a sucker for the babies with chubby cheeks :)

*huge hugs*

wren

Mama to *Elliott*, born still on May 15, 2007 at 39 weeks

Pregnant with a second boy, *Judah*,

Mama to *Elliott*, born still on May 15, 2007 at 39 weeks

and

iVillage Member
Tue, 01-20-2009 - 8:08am

Thanks Veronika :) How are you feeling? I can't believe you're already 20+ weeks. Does it feel like it's going fast or slow for you? From my end, it's flying by :)

This is OT, but is your dog an airedale terrier? I think you might've told me this before, but I saw a show the other day on Animal Planet where they were talking about Airedales, and it reminded me of the pic you have under your name.

Mary
Photobucket

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Tue, 01-20-2009 - 8:16am
Thanks Wren :) Yes, she definitely has chubby pinchy cheeks. I spend a great deal of time kissing them, which usually amuses her quite a bit LOL. Her eyes are actually still blue, and I doubt they are going to be brown (surprisingly) because they are too light. It's debated quite a bit in my family LOL. My mom is sure they will stay blue, but I'm pretty certain they will be hazel. Phoenix has really bright blue eyes, and they were much more obviously blue at that point. Even at birth, actually. Her hair keeps getting lighter and lighter too, and we're wondering if she'll turn blonde (my SIL and DH's uncle both were born with black hair that turned blonde by the 1st birthday.) So she's keeping

iVillage Member
Tue, 01-20-2009 - 1:10pm

Hi Mary,

I don't mind asking, I can talk about my fur baby all day long :-) He is Welsh Terrier, they look totally alike with Airedales, but Airedale is a big dog, Welsh is small - about 20 pounds. I prefer smaller dogs, and he is the perfect size - no too tiny but not too big to take much space either :-) Most people thinks he is Airedale puppy, and he is three years old already :-) But still acting crazy like puppy :-)

The time is dragging for me sooooo sloooow, drives me insane :-) We are still

iVillage Member
Sat, 01-24-2009 - 9:12pm

Mary,

Wow.. thanks for the update and for re-telling your story. Seems I only knew bits and pieces of your story. I'm sure it can be hard to revisit, so thanks for sharing with us.

Isidora just gets more and more beautiful.. she is such a cutie! She's really growing, huh? OH, and I was noticing your weight loss ticker.. 50 LBS GONE, WOMAN? Rock on, you show that scale who's boss! LOL. I hope once I have this little one (screaming and healthy, I pray) that I have so much motivation and success in droppin some pounds! I was on weight watchers when I found out I was preggy.. and plan to rejoin as soon as the doc gives me the ok.

Well, I'm in my 20th week. It's scary, but I'm trying to stay positive as always.. plus our big ultrasound is Wednesday. So I'm excited and nervous all in one for that day..

Good to hear from you! Lots of Love,

~Jess

new baby

~Jess