Our little update....

iVillage Member
Our little update....
Mon, 01-19-2009 - 10:42pm

So we are doing great. I decided to stay home with Aiden rather than return to work- so I work PT one day a week catching up my old boss while Dh keeps the baby.

He is so awesome- having been married before I KNOW how blessed I am to have such a wonderful partner.

Baby Aiden is awesome...kid hardly ever cries...YAY...so much easier than his sisters.

We are still BF after 3 months and hope to do so for at least a year. Aiden just moved into his own room mostly because the Angel care monitor is hooked up in there since it wouldn't work in the basinett but now we can both sleep all night instead of just him. lol

http://s204.photobucket.com/albums/bb311/ladyj762003/Aiden/?action=view&current=talkingbaby.flv

iVillage Member
Tue, 01-20-2009 - 12:11am

Oh Jamie, he is SUCH a cutie pie :) I love how in that photo where he is sucking his thumb he has his hand open over his face- you can just tell thats something he's been doing since he was in utero and it's adorable! I am glad to hear your Dh is so wonderful with him is well...thats one of the things I am most looking forward to, since my Dh is definately a kid person :)

It's interesting that both you and Mary mention the angelcare monitor- I definately plan on getting one, but recently i've seen a lot of different models by the company that are way less expensive than what I thought they were going to be. I thought they were a couple hundred dollars, but I saw one yesterday for fifty. Is there a certain model you like/recommend?

*huge hugs* and thank you so much for the update!

wren

Mama to *Elliott*, born still on May 15, 2007 at 39 weeks

Pregnant with a second boy, *Judah*,

Mama to *Elliott*, born still on May 15, 2007 at 39 weeks

and

iVillage Member
Tue, 01-20-2009 - 1:37pm

What a cute boy! That video is so great! He is so so cute in it :-) Thank you for sharing

Veronika

iVillage Member
Tue, 01-20-2009 - 3:07pm

I have this one...

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=5633501

I didn't need it digital or to tell me the temp.

I like that it has two parent units...I have one in my room and one downstairs. My DH works nights so I would be moving it back and forth all the time while trying not to wake him when I get up in the morning. No fun.

I didn't like that it didn't work in our basinett but that was the basinett issue not the monitor- so while A was in my room I had plenty of nights he "slept too long" and I would freak.

Don't like- and this comes from having had traditional monitors in the past- that I HAVE to turn it off and on all the time. You can't pick the baby up and leave it on since then the alarm goes off.

Oh and they must be going down fast since we paid more $ than this for ours. :-(

Siggy

iVillage Member
Sat, 01-24-2009 - 9:33pm

Jamie, your little Aiden is sooooo cute! I love the 'baby talk' video.. so adorable :) Nice to hear your update, and that he is both a healthy and a mellow baby.

Lots of Love,

~Jess

new baby

~Jess