Our update

iVillage Member
Our update
Tue, 01-20-2009 - 10:20am

Wren was asking for updates so I thought I'd come by and share...

Our daughter Anna is 11 weeks old now. Time has gone by so fast I can't believe it.

Anna's brother was born last year on Sept. 29th. I went into PTL at 25 weeks and out he came. He survived a week but then developed a major brain bleed so we decided to let him go to stop his suffering. My doctor advised us to wait 6 months before TTC again but we were pregnant again within 4 months.

The pregnancy was not easy... gestational diabetes, progesterone shots, 4 months of bed rest, another episode of PTL, nifedipine around the clock, multiple hospital visits and tons and tons of fear and doubt that I would have a baby to take home in the end. BUT it all worked and little Anna was born at 37.6 weeks healthy.

What got me through it? These boards, a therapist, and my husband. Just take one day at a time ladies. It is okay to be fearful. It is okay to not want to put the nursery together, to not want a baby shower. I really didn't feel like doing anything and didn't until I got to 34 weeks and my friends kinda forced me into it. I was thankful that they did, after all I didn't get to do any of that with Tyler because he was born so early. Still I didn't unpack anything or get much ready. This was a mistake BTW. Coming home with a newborn with nothing set up is not easy.

When Anna was born I couldn't believe she made it. I couldn't believe she was healthy. I couldn't believe that I was a Mom. We spent the first month looking for and expecting signs of something going wrong. I loved her but was a bit detached. Really, just now at 11 weeks I am starting to believe that things will be okay and this just might work out. I guess some would say I had a little PPD.

You will make it through ladies. Just take one day/hour/minute a time.

-Erica

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
iVillage Member
In reply to: leroy123
Tue, 01-20-2009 - 1:25pm

Hi Erica,

thanks for update and words of wisdom :-) Me and Dh were just talking, that we need to rearrange the nursery and stuff and actually to force ourselves to do it - just in case everything will be fine this time :-) So to be ready for the best scenario also. :-)

OMG I cannot believe how is Anna big already. And what a cute smile she has!!! Sending her a big virtual kiss :-)

Veronika

iVillage Member
Thu, 01-22-2009 - 1:17pm

Erica,

Glad to see your update and to hear that you are adjusting to motherhood. Anna is adorable!

Kristina

NestBaby Pregnancy Ticker
iVillage Member
Fri, 01-23-2009 - 6:35am

Erica,

It is so nice to have an update from you! I can't believe Anna is 11 weeks already, yet at the same time it feels like it's been so long since you *graduated* from the board :) Pg time is so strange lol.

She is so lovely- she just has the calmest, sweetest little smile- and that beautiful dark hair! I am glad to hear you are finally feeling more secure in her being here...that is one of my fears...that even if Judah makes it through this pregnancy that I will just be terrified always, too terrified to enjoy loving him. To know that it is possible to be afraid, then come out the other side, is reassuring.

So far I am not planning to do any setting up for Judah- but I have handed off all the duties to my Mother, Father, DH, and MIL. Specific things, like I cant wash clothes, or put them away, but they can do it- but only in the last week before his induction, and that the co-sleeper is to be set up while we're in the hospital. Also, I can't face buying baby products...so i'm letting the Grandmas do it. I just remember doing all that stuff in the couple weeks before Elliott died, and it scares the heck out of me. So...things will get done, I just wont be the one doing them...

Thank you so much for posting an update. Hearing from you Mama's who have survived this makes a world of difference to me right now.

*huge hugs*

wren

Mama to *Elliott*, born still on May 15, 2007 at 39 weeks

Pregnant with a second boy, *Judah*,

Mama to *Elliott*, born still on May 15, 2007 at 39 weeks

and

iVillage Member
Sat, 01-24-2009 - 9:40pm

Erica, it's great hearing from you :) 11 weeks already huh? What a cutie! Thanks for your words of wisdom and your update.. it's very inspiring to hear from you ladies about your journey, and you beautiful little miracles!

Lots of Love,

~Jess

new baby

~Jess