I'm new

iVillage Member
I'm new
Sat, 04-26-2003 - 5:55pm
I just finished Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers. I really like her books. My Mom got me started on her books. It's really helped me grow spritually. Please let me know if you have any suggestions for books like this. Thanks.
iVillage Member
In reply to: jmh1221
Tue, 04-29-2003 - 8:13am
By the way, my name is Jennifer. I'm 21 years old and have a 2 year old daughter. Thanks for the suggestions. I will definately look into them.
iVillage Member
Tue, 04-29-2003 - 8:09am
I have also read the Mark of the Lion series. I must agree, that is what started me reading Francine Rivers. I will check out Karen Kingsbury. Thanks.
iVillage Member
Mon, 04-28-2003 - 1:58pm
Welcome jmh. Would you mind giving us your first name next time? It's just so great to have you here and posting. I'm thrilled that you've read my favorite author- Francine Rivers! I think the Mark of the Lion series is her best work. I also like Kristen Heintzman for historical fiction. She does some light romance books. I've also just read a great book I'm recommending to everyone called "Not a sparrow falls" by Linda Nichols. Feel free to visit our web page for some reviews of other books.

Hope to see you around often!

Stacey

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-28-2003 - 1:55pm
Welcome to you as well Sandra. I like your screen name. Thanks for the titles of those 2 books I'm going to put them on my to be read list. Would you say that Karen Kingsbury is your favorite author?

I'm so glad to see you here and hope to get to know you better.

Stacey

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-28-2003 - 9:50am
I have just read 2 of the most amazing, inspirational books! If you like Francine Rivers, and I agree, the Scarlet Thread was wonderful, you will like these. The author is Karen Kingsbury. The books I read are called On Every Side, and When Joy Came to Stay. These books really portray how God is in control of our lives. You will love them!

Other Francine Rivers books that you absolutely must read are the Mark of the Lion Series. This is a three book series set back in early Rome. They were the first books of Rivers' that I read, and I was hooked.

Have fun!

Sandra

iVillage Member
Sun, 04-27-2003 - 12:02am
Hello! Glad you found us!

I've read "Redeeming Love," "The Last Sin-Eater" and "The Scarlet Thread." The only other Rivers book I know of so far is called "The Atonement Child."

I like Dee Henderson, who writes romantic suspense, and Terri Blackstock (suspense as well). I recently re-read "A Gown of Spanish Lace" by Janette Oke, and will probably hunt down the rest of the Women of the West series. (I've read them all, but I'm a fan of re-reading books.) Stephen Bly is also a good writer - the Austin-Stoner Files are mysteries, but I haven't read his other novels so I'm not sure if he does another genre.

If it weren't so late (or early, depending on the perspective) I might be able to think of more authors!

Becca :)

Random siggy powered by CGISpy.com