Tuesday Talk....

iVillage Member
Tuesday Talk....
Tue, 04-29-2003 - 11:33am
Well I'm always trying to think of a good one... here goes..

What's the book that you have enjoyed most that has been made into a movie. Did I ask that right? What's the favorite adaptation you've seen from book to film?

What book would you like to see made into a movie?

for me my favorite would have to be well... I can't think of one right now. Isn't that weird??? It's totally left my mind!

The one I'd like to see made into a movie is the Alphabet books by Sue Grafton, and the Mark of the Lion by Francine Rivers.

Stacey

hopefully my brain will come back and I'll post my other favorite later.

iVillage Member
Tue, 04-29-2003 - 12:07pm
I think the best I've seen is how the Lord of the Rings books have been *concentrated* into a faster-aced, great set of films. I find the original text too slow for my taste, and I'm still ashamed of myself!

I also liked a mini-series of "Ivanhoe" that was on A&E once - hubby recorded it, so when we have the time for such a long film, we can see a great book in a pretty good movie. (The actress who played Rowena is in "Bulletproof Monk," a new movie with Chow Yun Fat, and the actor who plays the Templar knight was in "Persuasion" and "Jane Eyre." He's so good at playing both villains and heroes, BTW.)

A new choice for me for a book to made into a movie is Barbara Delinsky's "Lake News." A woman's reputation is unjustly ruined by a newspaper reporter, and she flees to her hometown to hide out for a while - then has to deal with the problems she had left there!

Becca :)

Random siggy powered by CGISpy.com

iVillage Member
Tue, 04-29-2003 - 10:28pm
Lets see:

I like Pride and Prejudice A&E/BBC version because Colin Firth's performance in a certain scene (when you watch it, you will know which one!) inspired me to go back and read the book, and made me want to see the movie for like 2 years before I got to the rest of it. I like Scarlet Pimpernel, and Much Ado About Nothing. I'd like to see A Wrinkle in Time or The Lion the Witch and The Wardrobe as a good movie, I keep hearing they will be but never see anything about it. I also want to read Tuck Everlasting becuase I heard some of it when I was pre-interning.

iVillage Member
Tue, 04-29-2003 - 10:32pm
OOOh I just thought of something!! My friend and I decided that they should make a modern day version of Pride and Prejudice: Josh Hartnett as Mr. Dary. Hmm who could be Elizabeth? suppose Bridget Jones kind of qualifies.
iVillage Member
Tue, 04-29-2003 - 11:06pm
I have this mini-series on tape. Which scene are you referring to? I like this actor in every scene of that movie, especially when you can see the hint of a smile at the corners of his mouth - yep, I watch him too closely. (He was also the character of Colin in my fave version of "Secret Garden," 'cause they decided to have a scene at the end with Mary and Colin grown up.)

iVillage Member
Wed, 04-30-2003 - 7:51pm
have you seen What A Girl Wants? the teenage movie out now where the girl goes to England, and her long, long noble Dad is Lord Henry Dashwood aka Colin Firth. Lots of little smiles that I watched to closely also hee hee

okay if you haven't seen Pride and Prejudice you can not read my reply to Becca:

I am refering to the first proposal scene where he comes in and paces around acting strangely and then bursts out with "In vain have I struggled"

iVillage Member
Wed, 04-30-2003 - 10:32pm
Very good scene. I love Lizzy's reaction, and feel bad that she has to go through something like that twice!

I'll plan to watch it again - should have time on Sunday, if not before - and pay close attention to that scene... and the actor in it! :)

I haven't seen the new movie, but *did* catch the trailer. It'll be on my list of videos to rent sometime.

iVillage Member
Thu, 05-01-2003 - 8:32am
I'd love to see Josh Hartnett in that! :)

I can't think of a book I'd like to see made into a movie, maybe because once I've seen the movie I can never again read the book and imagine the characters looking the way I would, I always see them as they are in the movie.