New and loving all the book suggestions!

iVillage Member
New and loving all the book suggestions!
Thu, 05-01-2003 - 8:49am
Hello everyone,

I am so excited to have found this board!! It combines who I am with what I love! I have been browsing through some postings and feel like I could stay here all day! Of course I can't because I have a 2 yr old dd and an 11 month old dd sleeping upstairs right now but they will wake up soon! Alas there is that whole cleaning the house thing I must do. But I am thankful for being able to jump on here for a bit and relax!

I have just started getting into the Christian authors. Francine Rivers Sin Eater was my first Christian novel. I also LOVE Max Lucado Just Like Jesus. Barbara Delinsky is one of my old stand-bys, along with Victoria Holt or Phillipa Carr or Jean Plaidy as she also goes by. I really like period romance novels. Anyways, I've said more than enough right now but I am really enjoying everyone's book suggestions. I have a list to take with me to the library! Hope everyone has a wonderful day!!!!

Ange
iVillage Member
Thu, 05-01-2003 - 9:37am
Thanks for dropping by for a visit! I hope your library has a good selection of Christian books - I often have to request my books from other branches, so it's a little more effort to get the good ones.

I recently tried Barbara Delinsky for the first time after one of my sisters recommended "Lake News" and its sequel. I like her writing!

Have you tried Jayne Ann Krentz? When she writes under the name Amanda Quick, she sets her novels in England in the 18th century, I believe - it's never stated outright, but it reminds me of the Jane Austen setting.

Let us know what you find at the library! (I usually post my results from a trip to the local branch, only this time - on Tuesday - I didn't find any Christian books. I had already requested Dee Henderson's "True Valor" and "The Truth Seeker" so I didn't mind loading up a little on the secular romance, plus a little mystery.)

Becca :)

Random siggy powered by CGISpy.com

iVillage Member
Thu, 05-01-2003 - 2:21pm
Welcome to our community! We love books and we love new people. Thanks for giving us some information on you and your life. My name is Stacey, I'm one of the leaders on this board. I live in Phoenix and work with my husband of 8 years at his dental practice. I don't have any children yet...but God's timing is perfect.

Thanks for stopping in and please feel free to post often. I have to say Francine Rivers is my favorite author of all time. If you liked Sin Eater, try the Scarlet Thread or our board favorite, Redeeming Love. Barbara Delinsky is one of my secular faves too.

Glad to have you and WELCOME to the Bookshelf!

Stacey

iVillage Member
Thu, 05-01-2003 - 10:14pm
Our Library has a wonderful selection of christian books. We have a lot of Francine Rivers, Janette Oak (sp?), Mitchell, I can't even think of all the authors...but our town is very mid-western conservative christian! I'm thankful for having the selection we do! ANge
iVillage Member
Fri, 05-02-2003 - 8:41am
have read b delinsky the woman next door. i really like her writing. I also like nicholas sparks.

christian writers i like include terri blackstock and beverly lahaye, I like the left behind books, stormie ormartian, beth moore,

Holly

iVillage Member
Fri, 05-02-2003 - 10:48pm
Welcome Momma Nurse! Glad to see a new face here on the board. My name is Stacey and I'm one of the leaders on this board. We are so glad to meet new people. I'd love to hear a bit more about you. How many kids do you have?

Great to have you here! Come back often.

Stacey