Tell Us a Story Tuesday

iVillage Member
Tell Us a Story Tuesday
Tue, 05-06-2003 - 1:30pm
Well it's just an idea of mine to get to know each other a little better. Maybe you wouldn't mind telling us a story today. Let's see....well it's almost summer vacation... so tell us a summer vacation story. Where you went on your first or last vacation, why you chose the destination, any funny happenings? Just tell us a vacation story today.

My vacation story is from last summer, it was our last "vacation". We (DH and I) went to Santa Fe, NM. Mainly we chose Santa Fe because I had wanted to go there forever. I have a favorite artist, Georgia O'Keeffe. She has a museum there and I've wanted to go since it opened. Anyway, it was beautiful in Santa Fe, and so much cooler than it is here in Phoenix in August. We had a great time, I got to tour Georgia O'Keeffe's home and go to her museum. There are lots of shops and places to visit. We had great dinners and some wonderful relaxation time. I miss that vacation sometimes. This summer we're not really vacationing, except some trips home to St. Louis for wedding stuff. I've also got family coming and friends to Phoenix so I'll probably take some time off then as well.

Stacey

iVillage Member
Tue, 05-06-2003 - 6:15pm
My story has to do with the first time I met my dad's oldest brother. Apparently, the two hadn't spoken for twenty years or so - even though we would visit other relatives in the area every second year. Then my dad decided one year (92 or 94?) to finally go and see his brother Leonard. I think Dad actually expected Len to come out with a shotgun and tell us to go away, but thankfully it was nothing like that. I think they spent some time talking privately while my little sister and I stayed in the minivan, then we got to see Len's cabin. (He built it himself and doesn't even have a bathroom indoors! But it's really nice, when the mosquitoes stay outside. ;) ) I've been there once or twice since, and I write letters to him every so often. (His letters are funny and they always make me glad I've met him.)

Becca :)

Random siggy powered by CGISpy.com