*****Wednesday Woes & Wishes*****

iVillage Member
*****Wednesday Woes & Wishes*****
Wed, 05-07-2003 - 2:46pm
I think that everyone looks forward to the Wednesday WWW's.. What are you Woes or Wishes or what are your Woes & Wishes for today and always.

I'm just in a funny state of mind. My heart is trying so hard to stay focused on God being our provider, the office is sooooo sloooow. It's scary, but I know I'm not to be scared. Plus I wonder if all the medicine that I'm on is not helping things. I've been in a mood to cry for a couple of days.

My Wish is that my Meds that start on Saturday will not totally rock my emotional world. I also wish that my DH would find a way to have a break and take it easy this weekend.

What's up with you?

Stacey

iVillage Member
Wed, 05-07-2003 - 4:27pm
Woe woe woe is me. I have PMS. I am an emotional wreck. Exciting things are happening with our new house and we hope to move in less than a month. I am stressed out from being too busy. I have been very involved in church activities of late and I am about ready to call a couple of them quits. I am not essential for them and I think I would be better off without. God has really been working on me, and on my attitude lately and I just really feel down about how sinful I am. Praise the Lord I am forgiven or I would really be depressed, but I am just trying to figure out the how it works for God to work through me.

My wish and prayer is for Jesus to come back soon and if not then that He would give me the patience to be a good, mom, wife, daughter-in-law, daughter and housekeeper until he does.

iVillage Member
Wed, 05-07-2003 - 7:35pm
Let's see, what are my Wednesday WWW's?

Wow: Quick responses to a bit of my story that I emailed to a critique group. I didn't expect the gals to have time, and I think the feedback will make that section a lot better.

Woe: I worry about my hubby and how much he misses me already. Will he be okay till the end of the summer?

Wish: I hope that hubby will get along well with his parents. (When he moved out, it wasn't a mutual decision but the result of a big fight.)

Becca :)

Random siggy powered by CGISpy.com

iVillage Member
Wed, 05-07-2003 - 7:50pm
Oh Cynthia! Woe is me after reading your message. It sounds as if you need a night out with the girls eating sweets and treats. I hope that you are well and I'm so glad that you've let us in a bit on what's going on with you. We are our own worst critics I think. Try to use this time as you already have been, letting God mold you and shape you to be more like Him. I sense from your note that you are on edge but you have your head where it should be and I'm so glad. You should try and see if you need to scale back a bit on activities right now and take advantage of some of that time to recouperate. Building a house is very stressful. I hope you'll be in it soon.

All my love,

Stacey

iVillage Member
Wed, 05-07-2003 - 9:56pm
Has anyone ever heard the song, "Praise the Lord". Ok, there are probably 1000 songs with that title but one of my favorite lines in the song I'm thinking of is:

Satan is a liar, but he'd like to make us think, that we are paupers when he knows himself we're children of the king. So lift up your mighty sheild of faith for the battle has been won, we know that Jesus Christ has risen so the works already done

(Ok bear with me, I feel impressed to go on with the chorus)

Praise the Lord, for He can work through those who praise Him, Praise the Lord, for our God inhabits praise, praise the Lord, for the chains that seem to bind you, serve only to remind you, that they drop powerless behind you, when you praise Him.

When I get stuck in my "woes" I know the only way out is to bring the sacrifice of praise to the Lord. The first 10 minutes or so are ususally tough, and I have been tempted to feel like a hypocrite but because He is faithful His joy always comes.

I've had some major battles of the mind in the last few months. It's hard to describe, it's been a battle but not a wearying kind of battle. Its more like running the faith race. God keeps impressing on me only 2 things will win the battle, making statements of faith based on his word and praise. Because Satan knows if we lose our joy, we lose our strength. Now, KEEPING joy, that's a fight! But one worth fighting.

That was my intro ladies ;-) here are my Wow's:

My mom had some pretty severe cold syptoms yesterday. I had my prayer group pray for her today and when I came home from work she told me she felt amazingly better!

The CEO of our company called me to let me know what a good job I was doing. He said he's been getting lots of feedback from our customers that I have been helpful.

I'm still a temp at my work and did not think I got vacation pay. Well, I was impressed by God to book a vacation to see my family still in California without really seeing how I was going to be away for a week without pay. After I purchased my plane ticket a coworker asked me out of the blue if I had accrued vacation hours. When I called my temp angency I found that I had one weeks vacation I could take.

And for all this I say, Thanks God! You are so faithful.

~Ruth