Friday Five

iVillage Member
Friday Five
Fri, 05-09-2003 - 9:06pm
It's a little late in the day, but I'm here! Lemme see what I can come up with questions:

1. What's your favourite vegetable? (If any...)

2. Do you have an answering machine, voice mail, or just whoever's around to answer the phone?

3. What are your plans for Mother's Day?

4. Will you be watching the "Survivor: Amazon" finale on Sunday evening? (And who are you hoping for?)

5. Do you read poetry?

Random siggy powered by CGISpy.com

iVillage Member
Fri, 05-09-2003 - 9:16pm
Hello again! Here are my answers:

1. I love carrots! Then again, I also love tomatoes... And I'm finding that broccoli is pretty good too. I'm a veggie girl now!!

2. I have an answering machine, with a memory chip to hold the messages. No tapes needed! (But I just had to replace the battery - after I found a screwdriver with a small enough tip to open the battery cover.)

3. I have no big plans. I've already sent a card by snail mail to my mum, but I will try to remember to send an e-card as well. Otherwise, I'll do normal Sunday stuff: go to church, do laundry if necessary, take a walk...

4. I don't want to miss the end of Survivor. I'm not sure whether I'd rather have Butch or Matthew win. Maybe Butch 'cause I can't think of anything mean or deceitful he's done, while most of the contestants did. However, Matt is stronger physically and so he may outlast Butch!

5. I haven't read much poetry since high school, but I thought of it 'cause a friend of mine has been producing some good stuff lately and it makes me want to read more poets' work!!

iVillage Member
Sat, 05-10-2003 - 12:05pm
1. What's your favourite vegetable? (If any...) I guess my favorite is steamed green beans or corn. Yummy corn on the cob with lots of butter

2. Do you have an answering machine, voice mail, or just whoever's around to answer the phone? I have an answering machine at home and at the office. We have voice mail on our cell, but DH still forgets how to do it.

3. What are your plans for Mother's Day? Nothing really. I'll try to not be sad. I always really miss my mom on Mother's Day. I hope our cards got there.

4. Will you be watching the "Survivor: Amazon" finale on Sunday evening? (And who are you hoping for?) Oh yeah, I'm really hoping that Butch or the other guy wins, Rob. Matt is too scary and Heidi's boobs are too! I'm glad she's gone. Those girls are too cocky.

5. Do you read poetry? I used to. My favorite was ee cummings when I was in high school. I also like my Norton Book of light verse for variety.

Stacey

iVillage Member
Tue, 05-13-2003 - 9:02am
A little late, but here's my answers: 1)I'm not a big vegetable lover, but if I had to pick a favorite, maybe broccoli. 2)We've got an answering machine, but I hate listening to it. 3)On Mother's Day we had a family get together with dh's family, for his grandmother. It was a 3 hour drive each way, and I didn't have a very good day. 4)I didn't watch Survivor, at all this season. 5)I'm not into poetry.

Sandra

iVillage Member
Tue, 05-13-2003 - 9:20am
Good to see you back! How're things in your corner of the world?

Wishing you a great day!

Becca :)

iVillage Member
Tue, 05-13-2003 - 1:30pm
Thanks for asking! Everyone in our house is finally getting well again. We were all so sick the past two months. In March it was colds, in April the stomach flu. I think we're all past it now, thank goodness. It's nice to be back, I enjoy reading the board!

Sandra