What are you reading?

iVillage Member
What are you reading?
Mon, 05-12-2003 - 4:12pm
Always my favorite question! I need to start reading George and Laura for my book club IRL. Has anyone here read it? I would also like to read the biography of Queen Noor, although I am not usually into biographies.

I may be able to join the discussion here when the book gets decided if the timing is good. I manage to get a few hours of reading in in the evening after the kids are in bed, if I am not wasting my time playing a computer game.

So what are you reading?

iVillage Member
Mon, 05-12-2003 - 4:50pm
I'm reading a Karen Kingsbury book, A time to Dance. It's good so far. I just finished, Honor's Disguise and Honor's Quest by Kristen Heitzmann. These are in a series that I like but it's becoming a bit far fetched for me to continue I think. I am enjoying the board suggestions and will order a few more books on hold, as my library will be closed for 3 weeks for construction.

Thanks for askin'

Stacey

iVillage Member
Mon, 05-12-2003 - 9:17pm
I have a Barbara Delinsky book from 1987. Too much "head-hopping" (jumping between characters' thoughts within the same paragraph or switching back and forth so quickly the reader gets confused - and dizzy), but I kind of like the characters anyway. Might as well finish it, and move on to something better.

Becca :)

Random siggy powered by CGISpy.com

iVillage Member
Tue, 05-13-2003 - 8:50am
I just finished Leota's Garden by Francine Rivers this weekend. I was skeptical of it at first, it didn't look very interesting, but it was very good! The book really showed what life is like for the elderly; I got very involved in all the characters.

Last night I started a Love Inspired book, "Hart's Harbor". I can't remember the author's name, but it is the third book in the Safe Harbor series. Just a light, quick, romantic read!

Sandra

iVillage Member
Tue, 05-13-2003 - 8:19pm
All finished, and it was all right. Not the best book I've ever read, but far from the worst! I don't feel like the John Grisham now, so if I open another book today it'll be "Acts of Love" by Judith Michael - a recommended read from one of my sisters.

Can't wait for my next library trip. Hopefully I'll find something from a Christian author as I wait for the Dee Henderson books I've requested.

(On a much better note, I finally felt ready to tackle a rewrite needed for Chapter Two of "Marianne." Guess I should watch good movies and put on boppy music more often! I wrote most of the new stuff while Kylie Minogue sang...)

Becca :)

Random siggy powered by CGISpy.com

iVillage Member
Wed, 05-14-2003 - 9:52pm
I am reading Twice Burned by Jan Coffee. I also have the Dating Game by Mary Davis. I went to the Library yesterday and several of the books I requested were waiting for me.
iVillage Member
Thu, 05-15-2003 - 10:34am
I'm reading "And the Shofar blew" by Francine Rivers. Not sure what I think about it yet!

~Ruth

iVillage Member
Thu, 05-15-2003 - 1:25pm
Good Morning Ladies -

I am just getting started on "True Valor" by Dee Henderson. I haven't been doing much reading lately....but can't wait to get into this one!!

God Bless

~Jen~

Anne
iVillage Member
Fri, 05-16-2003 - 8:43am
Ruth, I am dying to read this, please give us some more info on it! I have it on hold from the library but it looks like it will be a while til it is in. Did you get it from the library or did you buy it. I could not even get anyone to go hlafsies with me on buying it since it was sight unseen! I will just have to be patient.

Cynthia

iVillage Member
Fri, 05-16-2003 - 9:25am
Hi Cynthia, this book has been hard for me to read just because you can see the problems the "characters" are getting themselves into. Kind of like the beginning of "The Scarlet Thread" or even her Mark of the Lion Series. Francine does such a great job of describing what's going on that I really *feel* for the people! I'm sure once I get past the first few chapters I'll be engrossed...I'll keep you posted.

Family Bookstores sent me a 50% off one item coupon so I bought it. If you have one in your area you can get their coupons via e-mail by going to their website and signing up.

~Ruth