Tuesday Talk- Book Discussion

iVillage Member
Tuesday Talk- Book Discussion
Tue, 05-13-2003 - 12:50pm
Ok, I'm getting the feeling that it's time for a new book discussion. I think that we'll do fiction for now and see how everyone likes that.

Some of the ideas that have been given are the following.... please post and add any other ideas that you have. Then when we get everyone's input we'll vote on which book to read.

1. Dee Henderson- True Valor or one of the Hero's books

2. Karen Kingsbury- who would be a new author here, but is highly recommended

Anyone have any other ideas?

Stacey

iVillage Member
Tue, 05-13-2003 - 3:45pm
I'm okay with either one. I just started reading Dee Henderson, so far have read Danger In the Shadows and The Protector. I plan to read the rest of her books, so this would be a good chance! I get the feeling she's a well loved author here, and with good reason!

And you know I like Karen Kingsbury! She also has an official website, www.karenkingsbury.com Any book would be great. I guess it depends on what kind of book/topic we are looking for.

Sandra

iVillage Member
Tue, 05-13-2003 - 5:15pm
Since I've already requested it from the library, I vote for Dee Henderson's "True Valor."

Becca :)

Random siggy powered by CGISpy.com

iVillage Member
Thu, 05-15-2003 - 1:13pm
Good Morning Ladies -

Yes, it is Jen, I am still around!!!! I am de-lurking. I am still have a little trouble getting use to this whole new format thing...but I am going to really make a commimment to myself to get over it and get back here with you wonderful ladies!!

Anyway, I would love Dee Henderson's "True Valor" On the MSN board I co-run we are just getting ready to start that book. It would be fun to have two boards reading it at the same time!!!

God Bless You All

~Jen~

Anne
iVillage Member
Thu, 05-15-2003 - 6:35pm
Hi Jen! Great to *see* you! This may have already been suggested, but I wanted to let you know how I finally got used to the new board. After I open up the website I click on either folder view or outline view. That means I have 2 windows open of Christian Bookshelf. Then I right click on the open folder bar (at the very bottom the the computer) and "tile windows vertically". That way I can see the outline view and whatever message I click on pops up in the OTHER open window. I hope that makes sense! I'm enjoying navigating the board alot more since I tried it.

~Ruth