Movie Reviews

iVillage Member
Movie Reviews
Fri, 05-16-2003 - 9:03am
We have watched several movies lately so I thought I would let you all know about them. (THey were on video.) I hope everyone will add their reviews of what all they have watched lately as well.

iVillage Member
In reply to: celinda2
Fri, 05-16-2003 - 9:15am
Master of Disguise with Dana Carvey.

I have always liked Dana Carvey but . . . . my hubby called this the dumbest movie ever made. There were some funny things - lots of inappropriate gas humor and such and the plot was as if it were written by a 10 year old. Sorry Dana - hope you can do better next time around.

We also watched Analyze That with Billy Crystal. This movie was filled to the brim with profanity. I chuckled a total of 1 time in the entire movie. The rest of it was filled with violence, yelling, horribly rude behavior that I did not find even slightly funny. (I think it was supposed to be.) This movie is also not reccommended.

Oh yeah! We also watched Mr. Deeds with Adam Sandler. This movie was surprisingly good. There was some swearing (but it was shown to be improper) and mild violence (mild meaning no one dies only punched.) It had a really good wholesome theme to where Adam Sandler was a small town boy who is polite and basically moral and he is up against the completey immoral and rude big city types. There were some funny parts and it actually had a pretty good message. I would say it is one of Adam Sandler's best so far.

After three nights of movies in a row - I told hubby "NO More!" at least for a while - but I do want to re-rent the matrix and then go see the new one.

iVillage Member
Fri, 05-16-2003 - 1:36pm
Maybe I'm immature, but I liked "Master of Disguise." It's silly, and that's why it's funny. Same thing with "Mr. Deeds." They're both so goofy that it makes me laugh!

Becca :)

Random siggy powered by CGISpy.com

iVillage Member
Sat, 05-17-2003 - 12:42pm
HI! Last weekend when DH was ill we watched movies galore, I'll see how many I can remember.

My Left Foot- Great movie but a bit on the depressing side, but I'll sneak and say it has a good ending.

Spy Kids- I really enjoyed this movie. It was like James Bond for kids I think that it is a good movie for kids, a little violent, but not gory or anything, they are spies anyway.

another movie that I've recently watched was the Rookie, if you haven't seen this one, go and see it. It was really good.

We saw Identity last weekend. I thought it was pretty scary but DH said he knew the plot the whole time. We've never seen a horror/suspense movie like that before, but it was his pick. I think it was a bit too gross for my taste.

Stace

iVillage Member
Sat, 05-17-2003 - 7:22pm
I haven't seen any of those, Stacey! Guess there are a lot to catch up on sometime!

I'm finally watching "Pride & Prejudice" again - I was going to do it a couple weeks ago, but always found something else to do, or only had two hours to spare. Tonight, I have nothing but time. Sometimes I'm only listening rather than facing the screen, but when Colin Firth comes on, you can bet I'm paying attention! (So silly of me!)

I'm looking forward to seeing some of the sequels that are out this summer - may be renting them only, but I can still plan... There's "Tomb Raider 2" and *maybe* "Terminator 3" (hubby's never been interested in those movies), plus "The Matrix: Reloaded." Oh yes, and another maybe: "Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle." (Only seen the first one once - on our computer.)

Okay, back to my stories! (I'm not always good at concentrating on writing when I'm seated at the computer - there's always the temptation to check for email and new posts every few minutes!)

Becca :)

Random siggy powered by CGISpy.com

iVillage Member
Fri, 05-23-2003 - 1:10pm
Some friends rented Master of Disguise, I was hoping to like it but just could not get into it.

I bought The Importance of Being Ernest but have not seen it yet. Have any of you ladies seen this movie? I'd love some feedback.

I don't go to very many movies but I'd love to grab a kid and see "Finding Nemo". It looks really cute.

Anyone have recommendations for great movies that are clean? I don't care if they are new or old!

~Ruth

iVillage Member
Fri, 05-23-2003 - 9:24pm
Some from Stacey-

1. The Count of Monte Christo

2. The Rookie

3. Anna and the King

4. My big fat greek wedding- fairly clean.

5. Maybe down with love?? it's supposed to be set in the 50's I wonder. Although I've not seen it.

Good luck.

STacey

iVillage Member
Fri, 05-23-2003 - 10:07pm
Hey Stace, I actually bought the Count of Monte Christo based on how much you liked it! I looked up the movie "Down with Love" on screenit.com and unfortunately its filled with sexual situations.

Thanks for the suggestions! ~Ruth