Good Morning Weekenders

iVillage Member
Good Morning Weekenders
Sat, 05-17-2003 - 12:35pm
So...what are you reading this weekend? Anything good? Do you have a favorite place to read when you have some quiet moments to dig in to a great book? Any reading rituals you'd feel like sharing with us this weekend?

As for me I'm fininshing Southern Storm, by Terri Blackstock. It's really good, I'm so tempted to sneak a peak at the ending. I'm notorious for doing that! Anyway, I like reading in the car on long trips, I also like to read in my big papasan chair in my sunny front room. But my favorite place to read is the beach! Not that I live near one, but it's my favorite.

Stacey

iVillage Member
Sat, 05-17-2003 - 1:21pm
Yesterday morning I started another Karen Kingsbury book, Waiting For Morning. A woman loses her husband and daughter in a drunk driving accident and stuggles for finding peace, which she thinks will come in the form of vengence against the man responsible. Instead she learns that forgiveness is the real issue. I stayed up until 1 last night to finish it, I just couldn't put it down.

Today I am starting another of her books, Where Yesterday Lives. I haven't gotten into it very far yet. It's about one woman's quest to make peace with her past. I'm wondering if the story is something that I will enjoy, but I know that with Karen's writing style, it will touch me.

Normally I just love to sprawl out on my bed to read. It's the quietest spot in the house! I told my kids that at least my bedroom should be able to be toy free, but most often it's not. I'm thinking of making a small corner in my room into a reading spot. I'm going to look for a comfy chair to put next to my bookcase, a small lamp, and some other odds & ends to make it special. I think that would be nice.

You know, I used to read in the car all the time when I was a kid, but I can't anymore, it makes me sick. Now I just sleep in the car! I'm putting Terri Blacksock on my list of books to be read.

Sandra

iVillage Member
Sat, 05-17-2003 - 5:14pm
I looked for cheap books at Family Christian and got:

Dear Silver----I think japanimo would like this one because it was a Pasilsades romance (company with Robin Jones Gunn) and it had some funny moments, I wouldn't recommend buying it, but if at the library you could do worse.

Marcia by GRace Livingston Hill---this was $2 and I picked it because the front cover looked like a scene from Pride and Prejudice---skip the first two pages because their are way to many adj. similies and metaphors--but this turned out to be really good actually!

Amorelle by the same author it was an okay book--little to much 1920's slang, and terms but it had a good message about maintaing you Christian witness towards those who treat you unkindly.

iVillage Member
Sat, 05-17-2003 - 7:15pm
So...what are you reading this weekend? Anything good? **I hope to concentrate more on my own stories than my library books, but last night I was quite caught up in "Acts of Love" by Judith Michael. I skipped ahead 'cause I couldn't wait to learn a couple things from the plot! (I usually don't do that, but have with one or two books lately. A phase?) I think I'll read "When Calls The Heart" (Janette Oke) next.

Do you have a favorite place to read when you have some quiet moments to dig in to a great book? **In my comfy chair. I'd like to read outside this weekend, though I'm not sure where exactly. Maybe if I find my beach towel in the storage room, I could put it on the lawn outside my living room window (then I could keep the cordless phone beside me).

Any reading rituals you'd feel like sharing with us this weekend? **Hmm, I don't know if I have rituals. Maybe my obsession with leaving off at the end of a chapter? Oh, I've got one: I collect bookmarks! I have over 150 of them so far, and I intend to continue adding to the box. Right now, my favourite ones are one with the Vancouver skyline (little sis sent it to me), and for the smaller books, there are a pair of magnetic ones with pandas on them.

Becca :)

Random siggy powered by CGISpy.com