Church Talk

iVillage Member
Church Talk
Mon, 05-26-2003 - 10:06am
Just wanted to share something that's sticking with me from the message my pastor gave yesterday morning. He was discussing the reasons to live a holy life (he's been preaching a lot about holiness lately), and number five on the list got my attention.

There's a purpose behind salvation, as Ephesians 1:3-4 and Ephesians 5:26-27 explain. God saved us so we could be holy. To me, that shows His love - that He wasn't willing for us to remain sinful and separated from Him - and gives me a definite goal to strive for. My life isn't just about earning a living and giving money to the church; it's not about stopping people on the street and handing them tracts, though that could have its place for those who have the courage (I don't yet); and it's definitely not about isolating myself from the world in an attempt to be pure (the human race doesn't need outside help to sin). Once I've accepted that gift of salvation, my aim in life should be to work towards holiness, to be set apart *for* God. He took the punishment for my sins, and if His command to be holy (1 Peter 1:13-16) isn't enough to motivate me, I need only look to *why* He sent His Son to die for us.

Something else that goes with those thoughts: God wouldn't ask it of me if it weren't possible; He'll give me what I need, when I need it - if I'm willing.

That's my little sermon/pep talk for Monday. Have a restful Memorial Day, gals.

Becca :)

Random siggy powered by CGISpy.com