Tuesday Talk

iVillage Member
Tuesday Talk
Wed, 05-28-2003 - 12:38pm
I am just trying to think of a talk topic? Ok....let's see.....ummm.....What's in your CD player right now? What kind of music do you like to listen to during certain activities? For instance, when I'm cleaning the house, I like Disco! I know it's weird, but that's a bit of me for you. And in the evening when I'm getting ready for bed, I prefer Jazz. We have a great jazz station here in Phoenix.

What's on your music list for now?

Stacey

iVillage Member
Wed, 05-28-2003 - 3:21pm
Sadie's Song, by Linda Hall: Sadie is a mother with 5 small children, and an abusive husband. She never talks about it, doesn't even like to admit it to herself. When a girl in the community is missing, Sadie finds things (a visa slip, drawings the girl made) that make her suspect her husband may have something to do with it. But her husband Troy is a strong, upstanding deacon in the church, and she knows no one would believe her even if she told what he does to her. Sadie gets back into her music, which she had given up when she got married, and Troy doesn't like it.

I never know how much information to give away when telling someone about a book! Hope this helps,

Sandra

iVillage Member
Wed, 05-28-2003 - 3:26pm
gosh, I put that in the wrong place! Sorry 'bout that! Sandra
iVillage Member
Wed, 05-28-2003 - 3:38pm
My real Tuesday Talk answer! I'm not much of a music person, but my kids love music (they get it from dh) so I'm trying to find some new stuff. In the car right now I have a kids christian music cd. Their favorite song on it is "Let My People Go." I have a cd by the Harmony Singers called "The Lighthouse" in slot # 2. In # 3 I have American Idol, love songs from season 2. The girls just love the God Bless the USA song, and sing right along with it. I must say, even though I'm Canadian, I love that song! And I just bought a cd today, Kelly Clarkson, the winner from last year's American Idol. I wanted to see what it's like, I'm not sure yet if I like it or not. When Clay's album comes out, I'll definately get that.

I usually only listen to music while I'm driving.

Sandra

iVillage Member
Wed, 05-28-2003 - 4:13pm
Don't worry about the misplaced post - I think all of us will do that at one point or another because of the format being so much different than we're used to.

I *have* read "Sadie's Song" so that means I've already had a glimpse of Linda Hall's work. Makes me even more curious, though, to learn what I can about her.

I remember being a little confused when I first started reading the story; but since we're in Sadie's point of view, it's actually natural for us to be wondering what's going on - she is too!

Let us know about the other books when you finish them!

Becca :)

Random siggy powered by CGISpy.com

iVillage Member
Wed, 05-28-2003 - 4:47pm
Hey there! Well, there are no CDs in the 3-CD changer (we don't use it as much anymore since it won't play our CD-Rs properly), but I have my own mixed CD in my little stereo. It has Kylie Minogue and then a bunch of songs by artists like Kelly Clarkson, Aaliyah, Brandy, Garbage, Ace of Base. Most of the tunes are by women but that wasn't intentional - I just wanted things that fit together well. (Now, if I make rock CDs, they're usually all guys. I guess men tend to do rock while women perform pop songs!)

I have different music moods and they are sometimes affected by the activity I'm doing. When I go for a walk, I usually want something with a strong beat - to keep me at a good pace! Doesn't really matter for housecleaning, as long as I like it. Last time I was sick, I wanted to hear soft classical music.

I went for a long time without listening to the radio, since I found the ads interrupted my music experience - I preferred CDs, tapes, or MP3s. Now, however, I've eased back into being a radio girl since I discovered the local easy rock station. Maybe it's 'cause they're quieter that the talking doesn't bother me as much...

Becca :)

Random siggy powered by CGISpy.com