Friday Five!

iVillage Member
Friday Five!
Fri, 05-30-2003 - 7:20pm
Sorry I'm late with the questions - been watching a couple movies and getting a few things done on my day off. Here we go!

1. Do you like music from the 80's?

2. Where do you usually sit when you attend church? (Beside anyone specific? Front, middle, back? Or is it random?)

3. What book(s) are you reading?

4. Who is your hero?

5. Which book of the Bible is your favourite?

My answers:

1. Love it! The easy rock station has a show on at the moment called "The Amazing Eighties." (Goes well with my just viewing "Ferris Bueller's Day Off.")

2. I used to sit in the middle or back of the church, but now I sit up front - because my friend Nancy likes to be where she isn't distracted during the sermon! (Nice to know that even older people who've gone to church for years can still get sidetracked as much as moi!)

3. I'm reading "Affair" by Amanda Quick, and "The Hunt For Red October" by Tom Clancy.

4. I've been motivated by a few people in my life, and a woman named Mary was the one I knew the best. I'm looking forward to seeing her again in heaven, though she might be surprised at how she influenced me (since I didn't always realise at the time that she had good points - after she died, I certainly wised up).

5. I love the Psalms - there's honesty, praise, anguish, more praise, more honesty, praise again... Just so much to learn from!

Random siggy powered by CGISpy.com

iVillage Member
Sun, 06-01-2003 - 4:10pm
1. I like 80's music, mostly the late years (I was 16 in '89) Dh LOVES 80's music.

2. We sit the third row up from the back in church. I'd prefer the very back, but everyone hogs it. Our church has very definate seating arrangements, everyone sits in the same spot every week.

3. Right now I'm halfway through Dee H. "True Valor." It's not my favorite book of hers, that's for sure. Maybe the military is just not my thing.

4. It's hard to say who my hero is. My sister-in-law, for one. She's had 3 brain surgeries and one abdominal operation, and almost died from pneumonia, yet she keeps fighting and doesn't let it affect her life. She lives life to the fullest. I also admire Princess Diana, she was such a great lady.

5. I always enjoy reading Proverbs, a lot of it is such simple but profund truths.

Sandra

iVillage Member
Sun, 06-01-2003 - 9:41pm

yes, I graduated high school in 90 so that is definately my era. DH sometimes accuses me of being stuck in the 80's.

2. Where do you usually sit when you attend church? (Beside anyone specific? Front, middle, back? Or is it random?)

If no kids are with me then in the front but if I have kids I go for the back since I usually have to leave halfway through. ( my kids are 4 and 1)

In between books currently. Just finsished "George and Laura." We are moving in less than two weeks so don't know if I will get any more reading in before then. If so . . . I am really not sure what it would be. Maybe some fluff.

4. Who is your hero? I don't really have one I guess besides Jesus since he died in my place he would be my main one.

Again, I don't really have one. It just depends so much on my mood. If I had to say one, It would be either James, John, Philippians or Proverbs.

iVillage Member
Sun, 06-01-2003 - 11:18pm

Love music from the eighties...I like the movie "The Wedding Singer" for that reason. I've got some great memories during that decade!

Almost in the very back, in the middle of the church.

I just finished "From Dust and Ashes" by Tricia Goyer. I "happened" to meet her at a bookstore in California. We were both on vacation last week and she introduced herself to me when she saw I was carrying her book. Its set right after WWII and I stayed up way too late finishing it.

4. Who is your hero?

Jesus, obviously...then I would say my friend and mentor Diana. Among many other things, she is the only person I know who doesn't care a bit about what other people think of her. She only cares about what God thinks...isn't that amazing?

I don't have favorite books but I have favorite stories and passages. I love to read about Joseph and David. I also love certain Psalms, Proverbs, John 15-17, James and the last chapter of Revelation.

Now it's time for me to go to bed! (I'm trying to convince myself that I am NOT still on California time).

~Ruth

iVillage Member
Fri, 06-06-2003 - 3:29pm
Hi guys! I'm new here, hope you don't mind me posting! :)

1. I LOVE music from the 80s!!

2. Always with my parents (my husband does the sound!) and my mom's best friend, on the middle left row towards the back.

3. About 4 books from my history class and "Lady in Waiting".

4. Wow, I don't know. Lisa Beamer maybe?

5. Proverbs

Speaking of Matthew Broderick.....have you seen "Glory"? Its so hard to see him doing a serious part after seeing him do Ferris Bueller! :)

iVillage Member
Fri, 06-06-2003 - 7:48pm
Hon, we've have the whole world posting at iVillage if we could! (Imagine keeping up with all the messages... Oy!) You're encouraged to share your thoughts anytime!

I think I might have seen a clip or two of "Glory." Before my recent viewing of "Ferris," the last films I saw with Matthew were "Inspector Gadget" and then before that, "Addicted To Love." Ooh, he's also in "The Night We Never Met." I like his acting, though it's true that I associate him with comedy more than anything.

Becca :)

Random siggy powered by CGISpy.com

iVillage Member
Sat, 06-07-2003 - 8:10am
HI all

Here are my five.

#1 80's music some of it not all of it. Even thought I was a teenager in the 80 there are some things that I just canot stand.

#2 Where do I sit. Where ever I can find a seat. I try not to sit under the balcony.

#3 I just finshed some and am going today to the library to pick up Ghosts by Adrian Plass

#4 My hero I don't think that I have one

#5 The minor Prophets like Habakkuk

Steph

iVillage Member
Sat, 06-07-2003 - 9:08am
My answers:

1. Do you like music from the 80's? YUP! It was definately my era. I graduated high school in 1986, so that is what I listened to. We used to have a good 80's station here, but they swithched formats unfortunately. I also like 80's Christian, like older Amy Grant, Petra, Degarmo and Key, and old Whiteheart stuff. Lots of others too. Boy, am I feeling old!

2. Where do you usually sit when you attend church? (Beside anyone specific? Front, middle, back? Or is it random?) Usually near the front, since I have to take the kids out for kid's church during the service.

3. What book(s) are you reading? Bible, The Swann House, The Purpose Driven Church

4. Who is your hero? Jesus, Joni Erickson-Tada

5. Which book of the Bible is your favourite? I don't know if I can choose one. Psalms, Hebrews, James. I just love them all.