Mundane Monday

iVillage Member
Mundane Monday
Mon, 06-02-2003 - 10:36am
Mondays tend to get me down a little. Returning to work after a fun, relaxing Sunday just doesn't seem fair! So far, I've spent my morning doing simple tasks: washing dishes, putting away the laundry, sending an email or two, and listening to the radio.

What's the plan for you today? Any suggestions for ways to look forward to the week ahead? I think I'll have a good lunch and plan an equally yummy dinner after work, complete with strawberry tea. (My favourite kind of herbal tea...) I have some writing to do tonight, but maybe a Disney movie in the background will be soothing rather than distracting!

Becca

Random siggy powered by CGISpy.com

Pages

iVillage Member
Mon, 06-02-2003 - 11:28am
Hey Becca! You sound like you're off to a good start for a Monday even it seems mundane!!!

I'm back at work and it's another short work week for me as I leave on Thursday to hang out with my aunt and two cousins in Padre Island! I'm kinda looking forward to it - I've never been to Padre before......so I'll be trying to keep up my end of the deal at work and stay ahead of the game.

Did you see Finding Nemo over the weekend? I heard it is wonderful! How is your husband doing? I have some memory that he was going to be gone for a while? Did I dream that up?

iVillage Member
Mon, 06-02-2003 - 2:30pm
Well, I had to grocery shope which is about as mundane as it gets even when you are moving out in 2 weeks you still need food. I just got home from that and son ds#1 is outside playing with the neighbors and ds#2 is napping. I have to plan and cook dinner - something with pork chops and then hopefully pack some.

The rest of the week is more packing and hopefully some time spent outside in the beautiful weather. It hardly seems possible that our house will be done next week but that is what we are hoping.

iVillage Member
Mon, 06-02-2003 - 2:49pm
Well this week will either be wonderful or difficult depending on the news I get on Wednesday. I'm awaiting anxiously the results of our invitro efforts. I am trying to "let go and let God" take care of this situation. I feel helpless and very insecure. I have tried praising God for the opportunity that we were given to try this procedure. I want to be joyful even in the hard times. I have never felt so insecure in my whole life, honestly. I'm just trying to pray every time I think about possible outcomes, almost as if it were a fast. I am trying to be hopeful and stand on his promises. I know he has plans for me for a hope and a future. I'll ask for your prayers once again and hopefully I'll have good news to share next week.

Thanks to everyone who has been praying for me. I know that's how I've gotten thru the last 12 days of waiting.

You're all the best.

Stacey

iVillage Member
Mon, 06-02-2003 - 6:55pm
No, you didn't dream anything up! Hubby has been working in our hometown for a month now. Only three more to go before he's back for school (and to be with me, of course). He enjoys the job, and time flies when he's working. (For me, it's the other way around!)

BTW, I was wrong about the tea being herbal, and therefore caffeine free - Tetley Strawberry has a small amount of caffeine since it's a mix of Orange Pekoe and other types of tea. No biggie, I guess - I'm already a Vanilla Coke fan, so it's not as if the tea is the only source of a potentially addictive substance!

Becca :)

P.S. Almost forgot to ask - where's Padre Island? I sometimes forget who's in which state.

iVillage Member
Mon, 06-02-2003 - 9:33pm
I wish there was a "sleepy" icon cuz that would be me!

I'm still on California time after my vacation and getting up this morning to go to work was not easy. I had loads of work that piled on my desk too so it was kind of hectic. I don't really have plans for this week except finish unpacking, doing laundry and a visit to the dentist to get my dental work finished up. This coming weekend I may grab a friend to see "Finding Nemo" I will never outgrow cartoons!

Padre Island sound nice right about now...

~Ruth

iVillage Member
Tue, 06-03-2003 - 10:06am
I am such a vanilla coke fan! Have you tried diet vanilla coke yet? It's really good as well.....although it's probably silly to be considered "diet" huh?

Anyway - Padre Island is actually in the southern most part of Texas - I think basically on the Mexico border....I am flying into Harlingen, Texas from Houston and then I think you have to cross a bridge to the island via vehicle or boat. We'll see how it goes. I just checked the forecast and it's supposed to rain the entire time! Oh well....

:)

When you said "three" in relation to your husband's return - did you mean days, weeks, or months?

iVillage Member
Tue, 06-03-2003 - 10:09am
Hey Ruth!

Glad to hear you never outgrow cartoons - neither do I!

:)

Yeah, we'll see how Padre is this weekend - it's supposed to rain the whole time I'm there!

Where in California did you vacation? I missed it if you shared this all ready....

iVillage Member
Tue, 06-03-2003 - 8:05pm
Hi Kerry, I went to Northern California and San Francisco to visit family. It was fun but it was way too long since I had been back. I spent alot of time staying up way too late catching up with everyone. I'm going to try to make it back every year from now on. The weather was cold in SF (around 50-60 degrees) and hot in Redding, about 100 degrees! It's a good thing I packed for both.

I hope it stays clear for you on your stay at Padre Island. Let us know how you liked it!

~Ruth

iVillage Member
Tue, 06-03-2003 - 10:12pm
Three *months* to go. Tomorrow, I'll hand in my request for the time off we want when hubby's finally back.

I can't tell the difference between diet and regular Vanilla Coke, though hubby can. If I want to share with him, I won't buy the diet. When it's just me, I pick whichever bottle I see first.

Becca :)

iVillage Member
Wed, 06-04-2003 - 10:41am
I think it's the word "DIET" that throws guys off......hahahahahaha

:)k

Pages