Monday Mood

iVillage Member
Monday Mood
Mon, 06-09-2003 - 3:02pm
I've not been able to connect to this page via my aol browser for days. I'm using IE right now. Anyway... what's your moood like today? What's goin' on with you this week. What do you do when your spouse is in a funk? Do you try to help or get them to feeling better? What about your kids or yourself? What get's you into a better mood?

Just wondering. Wanting to discuss.

Stacey

iVillage Member
In reply to: cl_stacey0527
Mon, 06-09-2003 - 3:32pm
Usually, Mondays go by pretty fast for me, and seems to be today also. But its been a HORRENDOUS day!! Everybody and their brother is calling today, I guess they were just waiting for Monday to get here over the weekend to call up their Credit Union and talk about something! The phones have been going crazy with CRAZY people calling! :) heehee. Its kinda gotten me in a bad mood, but I'm trying not to dwell on it!

Other than that, all's good! :)

I guess I am pretty lucky, my husband has a pretty even tempered personality. Don't get me wrong, he CAN get mad! But probably 95% of the time he's in a fairly good mood. I'M the one HE is usually having to cheer up! I am working full time and going to grad school at night!! So, I'm pretty stressed!! PLUS I'm teaching high school sunday school AND doing a bible study with the youth girls! I've got my hands full!

:)

Lynn

iVillage Member
Mon, 06-09-2003 - 4:10pm
PMS! Three little letters say it all. I am depressed today from it and any little thing will get me down. I have a friend who also gets PMS bad and we talked one time about how it really makes you feel insane because you seem to have no control over your emotions. Anyway, I hope to perk up in a couple days. Until then I am just really down. Things at our new house are moving slow but steady but even that is not enough to get me out of this funk. Not even seeing my brand new library - shelves and all. I am just consumed with the very few and minor negative things and then worried unneccessarily about the unknown.

So there you have my monday mood. Hope you are all doing better than I am. Sorry to be such a downer to all of you.

As far as dh, mine is like Lynn's, maybe moreso. He is very even keeled and at the worst might get annoyed with me, but actually just does not seem to have emotions otherwise although he does get excited about some things. He can be cranky but I don't think I've ever seen him depressed. (Sometimes I joke about him being numb.)

As for getting me out of a funk, I wish I knew what would help.

Cynthia

iVillage Member
Mon, 06-09-2003 - 4:49pm
I try to cheer up hubby but he tends to resist my efforts, so I'm probably not using the right tactics!

Things that help me when I'm in a bad mood: hugs, kind words, good music!

Becca :)

Random siggy powered by CGISpy.com

iVillage Member
Mon, 06-09-2003 - 5:48pm
You need hugs!! ;) I think that when PMS comes to rear its ugly head, your hubby should take over certain tasks and give you a break so you can attempt to relax. Go out for dinner or have it made for you, read a good book, listen to soothing music... And if he doesn't know how to give massages, he oughtta learn!

Poor man, he's gonna feel I'm picking on him. Those are just things that would help me - to have someone pamper me a little!

Becca :)

iVillage Member
Mon, 06-09-2003 - 5:53pm
I didn't have many problems with my customers today, but another cashier felt like she was getting all the extremely picky people when she started her shift. It can be like that some days, especially if you have the kind of job that's looked down upon - just because I work at a grocery store does not mean I have no brains, so don't accuse me of lying or think you have to tell me how to do my job! Oops, just a little venting there! (I'm looking for office work since I feel slightly overqualified to be a cashier.)

Becca

iVillage Member
Tue, 06-10-2003 - 10:31am
I'm in a good mood!

Life is good and pretty busy this month, so I'm just trying to keep up with everything.

As for my husband - every day is a good day for Thad! When he does lose his temper, I steer clear for a bit and then circle back around and check on him.....he usually bounces back pretty quick and moves on to the next thing.....