Tuesday Talk- Hobbies

iVillage Member
Tuesday Talk- Hobbies
Tue, 06-10-2003 - 1:44pm
Hi Ladies! I've got to just say I'm thrilled at the new members we've been seeing around the board. Just as a friendly reminder, if you notice a newbie post make sure to post a hello or response so we can get to know each other better.

I'm just thinking about hobbies. the sky high temps here have made me think of indoor activites. I know that most of you live in more moderate temp areas. What are your hobbies in the summer? What do you enjoy the most about the summer?

Share a bit with us today?

Stacey

PS My hobbies are scrapbooking, although it's been on the back burner, needlepoint and stamping. Fun! Right now I've got a needle point project going and I have to stamp up my SIL bridal shower invitations this week!

iVillage Member
Wed, 06-11-2003 - 12:07am
My hobbies are about the same all year, 'cause I've always been an indoor person. I love to go out for walks, though, and when my feet are my sole mode of transportation (as they were this past winter) I bundle up or bring an umbrella or slap on the sunscreen - whatever's needed!

So, here's what I like to do: write stories (usually romance), listen to and collect music, watch and collect movies, read novels (haven't collected for a few years). If I need more variety, I start a jigsaw puzzle or work on a cross-stitch project (usually get the kits).

Since I mentioned collections, here's what else this packrat hoards: bookmarks, interesting rocks (can't just bring 'em all home!), playing cards.

Becca :)

Random siggy powered by CGISpy.com

iVillage Member
Wed, 06-11-2003 - 10:02am
Hobbies......I'm not very good at hobbies!!!!

I would say gardening is the closest thing I have to a hobby and I'm a "beginner gardener" at this point. I am also an avid "walk-my-dogs walker"....

I would guess the reason why I am semi-hobbieless is because for a long time, my hobby was my career! In the thick of it, my hobby was working out because I was pretty stressed out and that relieved some tension. Other than that, I am currently in the development stage of having hobbies and hope to improve dramatically!!!

hahahahahaha

:)

iVillage Member
Wed, 06-11-2003 - 10:47am
Kerry I think that you do have hobbies! Working out is a great hobby as is walking. I get caught up with the Hobby title sometimes. I wish my DH actually had one, but then I realize he does! He works on our car, and works in our yard to make it look wonderful. I think you have some good ones as well. Just because they aren't craft hobbies- doesnt mean that they don't count! ;)

Have a great day.

Stace

iVillage Member
Wed, 06-11-2003 - 12:15pm
My # 1 hobby is reading, I have always loved it and always will. I want to get into scrapbooking, but I don't know if that will work for me. My other big hobby is looking at houses - real estate websites, house plan books, etc. We want to buy or build a new house, most likely build, and I can spend hours on this subject! The other thing is the internet.

Sandra