Wednesday W's

iVillage Member
Wednesday W's
Wed, 06-18-2003 - 11:41am
Hi Ladies! Just wondering today what you have for Wednesday W's. Feel free to add to my list and have a great day today!

What's the weather like where you are.

What are you reading right now?

What's the last great book that you read?

Who is your favorite preacher?

Later gaters!

Stace

iVillage Member
Wed, 06-18-2003 - 12:16pm
What's the weather like where you are? **Very warm. I have to leave earlier than usual for work - then I can wear cool clothing for the walk there, since my work clothes are way too much for summer temperatures!

What are you reading right now? **Deep Waters, by Jayne Ann Krentz. It's all right, a light read.

What's the last great book that you read? **Safely Home, by Randy Alcorn.

Who is your favorite preacher? **Right now, I'd say it's the pastor here in Fredericton. He likes to remind us to check his teaching against God's word, and the humour and wit his messages include make it so much easier to get the point!

Becca

Random siggy powered by CGISpy.com

iVillage Member
Wed, 06-18-2003 - 4:58pm
My wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww's for Wednesday.....

What's the weather like where you are? The weather here is pretty humid, overcast with brief period's of sunshine! It's been mostly rainy for quite a while, but I'm not complaining...all the flowers and trees and grass are doing so well and it's such a nice switch from last summer's drought.....

What are you reading right now? I am reading "And the Shofar Blew" by Francine Rivers

What's the last great book that you read? I really loved "The Jesus I Never Knew" by Philip Yancy

Who is your favorite preacher? My pastor at my old church before I moved -- J.B. Bond. He was in every sense of the word a "teacher". He taught expository teaching which means we went through the bible verse by verse, chapter by chapter. As an example, he taught from the book of John virtually every Sunday for almost two years -- verse by verse, chapter by chapter! I truly heard the Word of God every Sunday - not the typical "Word of God according to Pastor so-and-so", where a bible verse is referenced and then hardly referred to the entire sermon!

PS: His full name is "James Bond"....swear.

iVillage Member
Wed, 06-18-2003 - 5:47pm
What's the weather like? Pretty warm, it is Texas after all!

What are you reading right now? I'm reading "The Hope Before Us" by Elyse Larsen. Isn't Elyse a great name?

What's the last great book that you read? Dread Champion by Brandilyn Collins. Courtroom Mystery/Suspense. Pretty good book! It's the sequel to Eyes of Elisha if anyone has read that book.

Who is your favorite preacher? Besides our pastor I really like Jesse Duplantis.

~Ruth

iVillage Member
Thu, 06-19-2003 - 11:05am
Hey Ruth,

Is Collins a christian author??? I think that is the writer's last name for the mystery/suspense book you referenced as your last great read.....

My mom loves mystery/suspense stuff, so I'm always looking for those kind of books. I did just get her "Blessed Child" by Bill Bright for Mother's Day....I think that's kindof along the mystery/suspense line too.

iVillage Member
Thu, 06-19-2003 - 2:06pm
Yes she is! And I would say you really have to read them in order in order to understand the main character in both books. I'll have to check out "Blessed Child", I'm really liking mysteries right now.

~Ruth